Our smartphones are used and abused so much from time to time that it’s impossible for us to save it from malicious malware. These viruses can affect your phone and also user experience. It hinders the pace and memory of your phone. So it becomes very necessary for you to make sure you keep these viruses at bay.
But unfortunately, there is also so much that you can do. In order to help you, you need antiviruses apps and a few tips and tricks down your sleeve.
In this post, we will show you how you can keep your device virus free.
How to Delete Viruses From Your Android?
Here we are using the app “Malwarebytes Security”. It is quick and easy to use.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Malwarebytes Security” or download it from here. You can also use similar apps like 360 security, AVG Antivirus, and Kaspersky.
- Open the app, give it permission to access files on your device.
- Then the app will ask you to scan your device.
- Complete the scan, it might take a few minutes depending upon the files and apps on your phone.
- After the scan is complete you will be notified by the app about the malware on your device.
- You can choose to delete them.
You can scan everytime you want to or turn on the auto scan for your device.
Other features of the “Malwarebytes Security” App are:
- Identifies the access privileges of every app on your Android device so you know exactly what information you’re sharing. Keep tabs on which apps can track your location, monitor your calls, or cost you extra in hidden fees.
- Real-time protection shields your device from infection. With mobile malware threats on the rise, advanced technologies deal with dangerous newcomers like ransomware before they can become a problem.
- Scans for phishing URLs when using the Chrome browser and alerts you when any are detected to ensure you have a safer experience while surfing the web.
- Alerts you to bad links in SMS text messages to protect you from identity theft and other scams.
- Call Protection detects when a call is from a known or suspected scammer, then it blocks the call or warns you it may be fraudulent.
The other way to delete viruses is to clear your cache:
Go To Setting>Apps>Chrome>Storage Options>Clear Cache.
You can also reset your phone and get rid of viruses:
Go To Settings>System>Reset Options>Erase All Data.
Note- Make sure you have a backup before you reset your phone, in order to avoid loss of important data.
As for future references make sure you keep these pointers in mind to avoid viruses.
- Don’t install apps from outside Google Play unless you are very sure of what you are installing on your phone.
- Avoid apps that are cloned.
- Keep your Android up to date.
- Make sure you have an antivirus app installed.
- Check app permissions of all the apps that you download. No matter where you download it from.