Someday ago Huawei released emui 4.0 marshmallow for many devices. Today we share how to enable adopted storage on emui 4.0 & higher version? Adopted storage was a new feature on emui 4.0 and treat the resulting cumulative memory as one total partition that was added to marshmallow in light of the complaints regarding lollipop issue with sd cards. In lollipop, not all applications can be moved to sd card & once the application is installed, any updates will be transferred back to the internal storage.
To set adopted storage up, you will need a computer with working ‘abd’ and, of course, a MicroSD card in your phone, the faster the better. Here’s the process!
- Need SD Card [Class 10 ].
- Need A Computer & USB Cable.
- Require Minimal ADB And Fastboot From Here ⇒ Link
- Enable USB Debugging.
Go To Settings -> About Phone -> Tap On “Build Number” 7 Times To Enable Developer Options.
- Download and Install Huawei ADB Fastboot Driver From Here ⇒ Link
- Read Instructions.
Guide To Enable Adopted Storage:-
- Connect Your Phone With Pc Via USB Cable.
- Unzip The “Latest-Fastboot-Adb-Tool.zip” File.
- Open Cmd In “Latest-Fastboot-Adb-Tool” Folder (By Hold Shif + Mouse Righ Button -> Open Cmd Here ).
- Now Type Or Paste This Command Line By Line To Cmd Windows Then Hit Enter.
This Command Run Shell Function In Adb
This Command Will Show The DriveOn Your Phone Example: – disk:179:128
sm partition disk:179:128 private
Change the disk:179:128 Numbers to your Disk Will Show When You Enter sm list-disks.
sm list-volumes all
- This Commands Will Few Other Option Private Is Full Disk Usage And Mixed Is By Percentage.
sm list-volumes all emulated:179:130 unmounted null private:179:130 mounted b6a58e7f-1dbf-4db5-95ab-19bf365e1a55 private mounted null emulated mounted null [email protected]:/ $ exit
- Now Open “Advanced Settings > Memory & Storage > Sd Card > Migrate Data”
- In This Process, A Error Will Show But The Process Will Done But It’s Will Also Shown No Space Available. The EMUI Are Not Build To Support Adoptable Storage As Of Now.
- Reboot the phone & Enjoy.
If Any Problem Please Comment Below…..