The laptop is gaming is kind of trade of for the experience of gaming. Though lots of laptops have good thermals but some are really bad. One of them is Acer Nitro 5 2019 Ryzen version. But you can now Fix Acer Nitro 5 Overheating issues without opening your laptop or doing some really extra thing. This method will also fix other Ryzen 5 3550H overheating problems.
I bought the Acer Nitro 5 2019 Ryzen 3550H, RX560X model last year. It was running well for I think 3 months later it started giving some problems. Lots of friends who bought the same laptop were experiencing the same issues from day 1. The same thing goes for the Asus TUF model, it was also overheating.
There are some solutions like undervolting. But they will have a performance impact for sure if you undervolt a lot. So you can fix Acer Nitro 5 overheating issues without doing some extra thing. It will also fix Ryzen 3550H overheating in other laptops but try at your responsibility. There are two methods one is from power control options and other using Ryzen controller.
How To Fix Acer Nitro 5 Overheating, Fix Ryzen 5 3550H Overheating
Method 1 – Power Options
1) Open control panel on your laptop. Go to power options.
2) Now the power plans list will appear, select the change power plan settings.
3) Now click on the change advanced power settings.
4) Here you need to change some values. First, find the processor power management section, expand “Minimum processor state“. In the plug-in option enter the value as 99 as shown in the screenshot below.
5) Now expand the “Maximum processor state” option. Enter the value as 99 in both the options as shown in the screenshot below.
6) Click on apply and then click on OK to apply the settings.
Check the temperatures now while playing games and other tasks. It will be reduced now, though your performance might get affected if you want to reset to default just click on restore settings for this plan as shown in the below screenshot.
That’s it this is the first method and definitely will work for sure. Now moving towards the second method for Fix Acer Nitro 5 overheating issues and fix ryzen 5 3550h overheating.
Method 2 – Ryzen controller
1) For this method you need to download two things. One is the Ryzen controller and other is AMD UProof software. MAKE SURE TO PLUG-IN POWER SUPPLY.
2) Download and install both the above software on your laptop.
3) The Ryzen 5 3550H default TDP (Thermal design power) is 35W. So we need to lower it down using the Ryzen Controller. Firstly, open the AMD UProof software and go to “See what’s guzzling power in your system” as shown in the screenshot below.
4) Now Click on controllers and tick on system option so all the options will be ticked.
5) Now click on start profile.
6) You will see the TDP limit of your laptop processor. In case of Ryzen 5 3550H its 35W limit as shown the screenshot below.
7) Now open the Ryzen controller software.
8) You just need to enter exact same values as in the screenshots below. DON’T ENTER VALUE HIGHER THAN 35W!! Do the exact same settings as shown in the images below and click on apply.
9) Now again check the AMD UProof software. The 35W value would be changed to 20W, if that’s changed then the method is working good!!
Remember, the Ryzen controller settings will reset on restart. So make sure you apply them to every startup. To remember yourself you can go to Ryzen controller settings and enable the “Launch Ryzen controller on start” option.
So that’s how you can fix Acer Nitro 5 overheating issues and also other Ryzen 5 3550H overheating issues. I have made the video tutorial too, so you can check that out for your convenience.
If you want this type of more update, you can join our Telegram channel. If you like the post, don’t forget to share it, also like our official Social handle for more instant updates and some best memes!!