Recently, after the blocking of bootloader unlocking by Huawei. There were rumors going on that you can’t change the launcher in EMUI 9.0. That is you can’t use third-party launchers anymore. Though no one confirmed it was restricted on some Chinese models. EMUI is a well-optimized UI but there’s always something that irritates. One of them in my case in the HiSearch. When you swipe down in the launcher the HiSearch pops up. So if you want to remove it like I did follow this post. So Here’s How To Disable HiSearch On EMUI 9.0 (Tested On Mate 20 Pro).
Thanks to the XDA forum member NICELYSEDATED for this awesome thing. We don’t need any root access just use ADB and type some commands and apply. Yes, that’s easy just follow the steps mentioned below. The HiSearch will be deactivated and there will be no package left of HiSearch. Though I warn you to try this on your OWN RISK.
Guide To Disable HiSearch On EMUI 9.0:
- Download the Above ADB Tool and extract the ZIP file.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone. If you don’t know, follow the post from HERE.
- Connect your device to your PC, and make sure you have drivers installed.
- Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2019 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5. In the command, prompt type the following command to know your device is connected through ADB.
After that, hit the following commands.
The below command, this command will show you the packages installed on your smartphone.
pm list packages
Type the below command and hit enter to uninstall the HiSearch.
pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.huawei.search
The SUCCESS word will pop up. Now the HiSearch should have gone. Enjoy your smartphone. 😀
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates regarding the posts. We post stock wallpapers, stock ringtones, and many more exclusive contents of all the devices.