Last year, Microsoft released Windows 11 after testing some beta tests, and they also tested Android on Windows 11 with Windows Subsystem for Android. Since then, developers have been modifying and adjusting the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) on Windows 11. GitHub dev also managed to install Google Play Store (Gapps) on Windows Subsystem for Android WSA. After many customization and developments, GitHub developers manage to root Windows Subsystem for Android. In this post, we will guide you on How to Install Rooted Windows Subsystem for Android with Google Apps GApps.
If you are an Android user you will really know that Magisk most popular tool that exploits to gain root access to the Android operating system. GitHub user successfully installed Magisk, Riru, and LSPosed on WSA with some patches. Some GitHub users also created a script that will build the latest Rooted Windows Subsystem for Android with Google Apps GApps.
What is the Windows Subsystem for Android and How does it Work?
Windows Subsystem for Android is a new feature in Windows 11 that allows you to run Android apps on your Windows PC. It’s an emulation layer that lets you run the same code that would run on an Android device, but with some tweaks and optimizations to make it work better on a PC. Keep in mind that this is an emulator, so it’s not exactly the same as running Android on your PC. It will use some hardware acceleration to speed up performance and is limited to a version of Android that’s compatible with 64-bit Windows 11. The Windows Subsystem for Android doesn’t have any limitations to what you can do with it, but it does have some compatibility issues that you should be aware of before installing apps.
Here are some limitations of the Windows Subsystem for Android: You cannot install Android apps that require a camera or microphone unless compatible with Windows Mobile devices. Some banking apps may not work with the Rooted Windows Subsystem as the safety net test is still not passed with magisk.
Here are some requirements and preparation you should follow before installing the Subsystem
- Latest 64-bit Windows 11 Build.
- Minimum 4GB of ram.
- 10 GB of free disk space.
- Developer mode must be installed on your Windows 11.
- Remove any existing WSA instances from Windows 11. (Click WIN+X key – Apps And Features – Windows Subsystem for Android – Uninstall)
Download the Latest build of Rooted Windows Subsystem for Android with GApps
Here we have created the Latest build of Windows Subsystem for Android on 29 August from EricFengFuuuu / MagiskOnWSA GitHub page that is rooted with magisk and included with Pico Google Apps.
How to build Rooted Windows Subsystem for Android with GApps from GitHub
1. First visit the MagiskOnWSA GitHub page and log in with your GitHub account.
2. At the top of the MagiskOnWSA GitHub page click
3. Create a new fork with your GitHub account.
4. Go to the Action tab in your forked repo.
I understand my workflow, go ahead and enable them.
6. Click on
Build WSA and the
7. Select the packages you want with your Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) package then click
8. Wait for a few minutes then download the complete package in the zip file.
That’s it now follow the installation guide to install WSA on Windows 11.
How to Install Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11
1. Download the Rooted Windows Subsystem for Android with GApps WSA package zip file.
wsa folder in C Drive and Unzip the package zip on it.
3. Open the
wsa folder and run
Install.ps1 with PowerShell to start the installation process and follow the steps.
4. If the installation failed for some permission issues then run the
Install.ps1 as Administrator from the CMD terminal.
5. Run CMD as Administrator and copy and paste the commands one by one first
cd C:\wsa then
PowerShell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File .\Install.ps1 hit enter.
6. The installation process may ask for a reboot to disable virtual machine platform type
y and enter to reboot then follow the process once more to finish the installation.
After the installation process is done login with your google account to enjoy Android Apps on your Windows PC.