Asus someday ago launched a new gaming ROG series device. ROG Phone one of the best gaming smartphone from Asus. To customize your device or install TWRP and root even install custom ROM need to unlock the bootloader. In this post today we share how to unlock bootloader of Asus ROG Phone 2.
Yesterday Asus share an official method to unlock bootloader easily by Asus Utility app. Official Bootloader Unlock for Asus ROG II will also void the device warranty. So if you want to unlock bootloader then do it on your own risk. You’ll lose all your data upon unlocking the bootloader, so backup your important data always. After unlocking bootloader you can relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Unlock Bootloader Of Asus ROG Phone 2
Asus ROG Phone 2 is the world’s first phone with ASUS Aura RGB lighting, featuring an illuminated rear ROG logo. The ROG Phone has 6.59 inches AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with1080 x 2340 pixel Resolution. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor and clubbed with 8GB of RAM. ROG Phone 2 sports Dual: 12+08-Megapixel rare camera and 08-megapixels front camera for a selfie. Runs on the Android 8.1 OREO and is powered by a 4000 mAh battery backup.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on ROG Phone II
There is a method of unlocking the bootloader of this device. By unlocking the bootloader you can easily install TWRP recovery and root device. there are much more customizations available and other options after you root the device.
- This guide is for only Asus ROG Phone II
- Before starting process does a complete backup of your important data.
- Charge the device to avoid sudden shutdown during the process.
Unlock bootloader using official Unlock App
- First of all, go to the official Asus support page to download the bootloader unlock app.
- Now select the operating system: Android.
- Then in the utility section, you will find Unlock Device App for Unlock the boot loader.
- Click on Download option. (ZS660KL_SIGNED_UnlockTool_188.8.131.52_190702_fulldpi.apk)
- Now install the downloaded app on your ROG Phone 2.
- To Unlock the bootloader, follow the instructions given in the app.
- That’s it! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.