The new Android device comes with a locked bootloader; You can’t flash recoveries like twrp or other .img files until you unlock the bootloader. But after Unlock Android bootloader you can able to flash any recovery, moded images file even you can root the device. In this guide, we will share How to Unlock Bootloader via Fastboot Command.
Unlocking bootloader is an easy thing any Android user can do with this guide, but not all Android phones support directly Unlocking bootloader via fastboot. Manny Android vendors like Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, and Sony don’t support direct bootloader unlock you have to request the unlock code via their official website then you can unlock it. But you can still unlock Google, Oneplus, and many Android devices by fastboot OEM unlock command. In This page Follow the steps to learn How to Unlock the Android bootloader via Fastboot Command.
Note: Unlocking the bootloader will completely reset your device. So first backup apps, Contacts, and Messages before starting the process.
Benefits of Unlock Bootloader:-
After Unlock Bootloader you can able to install TWRP Recovery, Rooting Installing custom ROM and customize the device.
Also, you can unbrick the device by the flash boot.img, system.img, recovery.img, userdata.img. You can flash the full factory image on Google Nexus and Pixel device after unlocking the bootloader.
Guide To Unlock Android Bootloader Via Fastboot Command
2. Download and setup Latest Minimal ADB And Fastboot Tools you can install the complete package or Download the Latest Minimal ADB And Fastboot tool and unzip it.
3. Connect your Android Device to the pc and open Cmd Window on “platform-tools” folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Button ⇒ Open Command Window Here.
4. Now boot your Android device into bootloader mode by using the following command, or you can do it manually by Volume Up or Down + Power Key.
adb reboot bootloader
5. Now check device is connected or not via this command.
If showing “waiting for any device” then re-install the driver, Or install it manually via the device manager.
6. Once your device is connected, paste the following command to Unlock Android bootloader via Fastboot Command.
fastboot oem unlock
Note:- Some devices need to confirm the unlocking. Press the Volume Up button to confirm the unlock and press the Power button to select it.
7. Once bootloader unlocks is done, you can check whether it’s unlocked or not by the following command.
fastboot unlock-info or fastboot oem device-info
8. You can reboot the device anytime by following this command
The first boot needs a few minutes because the device will go through the factory reset. So wait until the normal boot.
Note: For Linux users, use the code: “sudo fastboot OEM unlock” and mac user “./fastboot OEM unlock“
Comment below if you were getting any errors on Unlocking Android bootloader we can help you.