The new Spreadtrum Cpu-based Android Smartphones and Tab’s Android devices come with a locked bootloader; You can’t flash recoveries like TWRP or other .img files until you unlock the bootloader. But after Unlocking the Android bootloader you can able to flash any recovery, moded image file even you can root the device. Spreadtrum has not released any official bootloader unlock guide but there is a way you can still Unlock the Bootloader Of Spreadtrum Android Phones. In this guide, we will share the How To Unlock Unlock Bootloader Of Spreadtrum Android Phones. Spreadtrum UNISOC-based Android Smartphones.
Unlocking the bootloader is an easy thing Any Android user can do that Spreadtrum CPU-based Phones too, but not for other Android phones, some phones don’t support directly Unlocking the bootloader via fastboot. Manny Android vendors like Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, and Sony don’t support direct bootloader unlock You have to request the unlock code via their official website then you can unlock it. Still, Spreadtrum has not launched any bootloader unlock official website but there is an unofficial free method. 4pda forum member has posted a free Spreadtrum bootloader unlock guide via the fastboot method we will show you how to do it.
Benefits of Unlock Bootloader:-
After unlocking the Bootloader you can install TWRP Recovery, Rooting Installing custom ROM, and customize the device. Also, you can unbrick the device with the flash boot.img, system.img, recovery.img, userdata.img. You can flash full ROM after unlocking the bootloader.
There are particular disadvantages also. The most critical function of the simple fact your cellphone becomes marginally less protected. If you are not careful, a hacker can break your mobile by installing malicious programs. Some programs typically from banks also limit portions of the program’s functionality on unlocked devices.
Note: Unlocking the bootloader will completely reset your device. So first backup apps, Contacts, Messages before start the process.
Spreadtrum UNISOC Chipset-based Android Smartphones and Tabs.
- Before starting the Bootloader Unlock process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, and Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installation.
- Install Google ADB-FASTBOOT Driver and The Latest Spreadtrum USB Drivers.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, and fastboot mode.
- Install the Latest Git On your PC or Laptop ⇒ Official Link
- Download fastboot Tool ⇒ UnlockBootloaderWin Tool
- Download SpreadTrum Bootloader Tool to generate ssignature.bin file ⇒ SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk
How To Unlock Bootloader Of Spreadtrum Device Using Fastboot Method
1. First, read the Prerequisites and Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock. Install the Latest Git on Your PC.
2. Download the UnlockBootloaderWin Tool and unzip it in the C drive.
3. Connect your device to the PC and go to the UnlockBootloaderWin Tool folder.
4. Now open the command promotes to the UnlockBootloaderWin Tool folder by holding shift + Mouse Right Click.
- Or Open CMD windows From Run and Type C:\UnlockBootloaderWin
- and type the commands one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
- If you see the “Allow USB Debugging” prompt on your phone, Then Enable the “Always allow from this computer” and tap OK.
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode, or you can do it manually by holding the Volume UP + Power key together.
5. Use this command to Get identifier_token Number.
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- We get the output like this: Copy the Token Number (1234567890123456789012345678)
finished. total time: 0.017s
- and then Change the token no to yours and paste the execute the command.
unlockbl.sh 1234567890123456789012345678 sign.pem signature.bin
If you are getting an error while generating the signature.bin then Go to the folder C:\UnlockBootloaderWin with Explorer 2. Right-click and select: Open Git Bash here 3. In the window execute the command “/c/UnlockBootloaderWin/unlockbl.sh 1234567890123456789012345678 sign.pem signature.bin“
6. (optional) You can also get the signature.bin file by installing SpreadTrumTools-20200317.apk and type the S/N NO: execute the command “adb shell getprop ro.serialno” In CMD window to get the S/N NO. Copy and paste the signature.bin to C:\UnlockBootloaderWin Folder.
7. Now flash the signature.bin to unlock the bootloader by executing the command
fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin
8. Press the Volume Up or Down key on your phone to confirm the Unlock Bootloader Of Spreadtrum use fastboot OEM lock or fastboot flashing lock commands to relock the bootloader.