The new Xiaomi Android device comes with a locked bootloader; You can’t flash recovery like TWRP or other .img files until you unlock the bootloader. But after Unlocking the Android bootloader you can able to flash any recovery, moded images file even you can root the device. Xiaomi has released an official bootloader unlock tool Mi Flash Unlock for Xiaomi MI, POCO, and Redmi devices, with this tool you can unlock Bootloader Xiaomi MI, Redmi, and POCO devices. In this post, we will guide you on How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi MI, Redmi, and POCO Android Devices.
Unlocking the bootloader is an easy thing any Android user can do, including Xiaomi users too, but not for other Android phones; some phones don’t support directly Unlocking bootloader via fastboot. Manny Android vendors like Huawei, LG, HTC, Motorola, and Sony don’t support direct bootloader unlock you have to request the unlock code via their official website then you can unlock it. In this case, Xiaomi has a different bootloader unlock process. Xiaomi users have to download the Xiaomi MI Unlock Tool with that you can Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi MI, Redmi, and POCO Devices.
INFORMATION: Unlocking Bootloader, Rooting after you did this you will lose your phone warranty.
Benefits of Unlocking Xiaomi Bootloader:-
After Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader you can able to install TWRP Recovery, Rooting Installing custom ROM, and customize the device. Also, you can unbrick the device with the flash boot.img, system.img, recovery.img, userdata.img. You can flash full ROM after unlocking the bootloader.
There are particular disadvantages also. The most critical function of the simple fact your cellphone becomes marginally less protected. If you are not careful, then a hacker can break your mobile by installing malicious programs. Some programs usually from banks also limit portions of the program’s functionality on unlocked devices.
All Xiaomi MI, Redmi, and POCO Android phones
- You must ensure that your device is in working condition not in (hard bricked, soft-bricked, bootloop state).
- Insert a working sim card before proceeding to unlock.
- Before starting the Bootloader Unlock process, do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, and Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installation.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock on Xiaomi to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
- Read guide.
How To Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Android Devices
1. First Login Or Sign Up for Mi Account On Your Device And Verify The Account. Make sure you have logged Mi account for a week, or wait for one week waiting period if you just logged into your Mi account.
2. Now Request for Bootloader Unlock from Developer Option and wait for 7 days.
3. After completing the 7-day waiting period Connect your phone in fastboot mode by Switching off the phone and then holding the Volume – button and Connecting USB Cable.
4. Download Latest Mi Flash Unlock Tool on your PC and unzip it.
5. Run miflash_unlock.exe from miflash_unlock folder and sign in with your mi account.
6. Connect Your Phone To Pc and then click Unlock Button.
7. Once your device is connected to your computer Press “Unlock” and follow the waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock your device.
8. After successfully unlocking the bootloader the phone will be factory reset and the device will auto reboot in a few seconds.
After successfully Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi MI, Redmi, and POCO Devices you can now Install Custom Recovery and Root Xiaomi Devices.
New users have to wait 7 days after a bootloader unlock request from Xiaomi devices.
The warranty on your device will not be void if you unlock the bootloader. However, if the Custom ROM or Root causes the device to brick, the item will be serviced out of Warranty.
No, you can’t you have to enable OEM unlock, option from the Developer Option to Complete the process
Yes after unlocking the bootloader your phone will be factory reset and all data will be erased including internal storage, So before unlocking the Xiaomi Phone bootloader make sure to back up your device data completely.
Please wait for a minute or two/ No Network/86012/20091” related errors when adding Mi Account in Mi Unlock Status
By checking, the bootloader unlocks status in fastboot (bootloader mode) or in the MI Unlock Tool. Mi Unlock will show the message “Unlocked” or “Locked”