Google just launched Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL in a few countries with Android 10, and after the launch, Google also released the kernel source code. The USA brand Google wants to give tough competition to Apple so as Samsung they also released the kernel source and bootloader unlock guide on their support website. Google uploaded the latest firmware and SDK tool for the Pixel 4 device on the Google support website with the kernel source code. The bootloader unlock guide is a simple guide, You have to unlock it via fastboot OEM method. In this guide, I will show you how to Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL with the fastboot SDK tool.
Every time Google launched the Pixel device with the stock Android interface this time also Google launched the Pixel 4 and 4 XL with stock Android. The Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and 2800mAh battery for Pixel 4 and 3700mAh for Pixel 4 XL. The main feature of the Pixel 4 series is the dual-pixel camera, the device coming with dual 16 MP + 12.2 MP and dual selfie camera. The device is coming with 6GB of ram and 128 GB of UFS 2.1 NAND flash storage. As OnePlus device this time Google also releases the source code and kernel, so we also expect development and custom ROMs for the device and we will update all the mod’s ROMs of this device in the future.
Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL bootloader
Like the old Google device, it’s easy to unlock the bootloader of Google pixel devices. Also, you should know that your device warranty will void after unlocking the bootloader, you may be stopped receiving the next OTA updates on the device after unlocking the device. So before unlocking the device make sure, can you re-lock the bootloader? And can you manually update the device or not if you, then you proceed for the unlocking. Once you unlock the bootloader will also wipe the data on your smartphone, so backup your data before starting the process.
Pixel 4 (flame) and Pixel 4 XL (coral)
- Before starting the unlocking Process, do a complete backup; your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- Enable OEM to unlock Enable USB Debugging ⇒ Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging Mode And OEM Unlock On Android Devices
- Install latest google driver on your pc, laptop ⇒ Download Latest Google USB Drivers
- Download the Google SDK fastboot ADB tool from here ⇒ Latest Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Read guide
How to Unlock Google Pixel 4 Series bootloader with SDK fastboot ADB tool
1. First Download and setup Latest Minimal ADB And Fastboot Tools, you can install complete package or Download Latest Minimal ADB And Fastboot tool and unzip it.
2. Connect your Pixel 4Device to the pc and open Cmd Window on “platform-tools” folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Button ⇒ Open Command Window Here.
3. Now boot your Android device into bootloader mode by using the following command, or you can do it manually by Volume Up or Down + Power Key.
adb reboot bootloader
4. Now check device connected or not via this command.
If showing “waiting for any device” then re-install the driver, Or install it manually via the device manager.
5. Once your device connected, paste the following command to Unlock Bootloader via Fastboot Command.
fastboot flashing unlock
6. Now confirm the unlocking. Press the Volume Up button to confirm the unlock and press the Power button to select it.
7. Once bootloader unlock is done, you can check it’s unlocked or not by the following command.
fastboot unlock-info or fastboot oem device-info
8. You can reboot the device anytime by following this command
The first boot needs a few minutes because the device will go through the factory reset. So wait until the normal boot.
Note: Linux user, use the code: “sudo fastboot OEM unlock” and mac user “./fastboot OEM unlock”
Comment below if you were getting any error we can help you.