How To Change Mac Address On Android Device
MAC full from is Media Access Control address. It gives 12 digits unique address code for particular a device like WiFi router, network adapter, etc. Before doing anything first we share a brief description of what we did here and why. Today we share how to change MAC Address on Android or if you want to know “how to change IP address on android” here I share a guide that covers both the issues.
What is MAC on Android Device?
The MAC (Media Access Control) address is the unique hardware number of your smartphone. Without MAC address your operator doest gives signal or tower. It can be used to uniquely identify your Android device on the internet, web or on the local network.
Advantages to change MAC address:
- In some places, you can get wifi passwords, but you can’t access the network because they have activated MAC filtering, so if you change Mac Address android then you can access any network.
- The most important reason to protect your privacy, if you change IP address on android, before that you must have authenticated to the network using a MAC address, either anyone easily finds who you really are.
- Now, in the wireless world, companies try to track users by recording MAC addresses, so spoofing the MAC can save you track from other companies.
- if you keep the important document on your Android device. a hacker can easily find your MAC address android so change it. MAC your identity on the network so you can protect your identity to change mac address android.
Also check: LG G3 Remove Lag and Improve Performance
Instruction to change mac address:
Here we share Two way to change MAC address on Android device.
- Without Root access to your device.
- With Root access to your device.
So, let’s go to the instruction, first we share How to change mac address without root access method and second how to change mac address with root access.
Step 1 – Without Root access:
- If you want to know the MAC address of your device then follow the steps:
Go to Setting > About Phone > Select Status
There you will see the current MAC address. Tap and hold on it to copy the MAC address and save the address to notepad.
- Now download and install “Android Terminal Emulator” App from Google Play Store. The link is given below:
- Once installed, Open the App. Type “ip link show“.
- Then find your interface name from the list. Then type this command in the terminal emulator to change the MAC address: “ip link set (interface name) XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY“. where you have to replace (interface name) with your own interface name and “XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY” with the random MAC address.
- After that again go to Setting > About Phone > Select Status and check the MAC address has changed.
After changing the MAC address it works well but once you reboot your device you MAC will go back to the original. This Without Root access method works only on devices with MediaTek processors.
You may also like: Guide To Enable Hidden Internal Menu On Facebook Messenger Apps
Step 2 – With Root access:
- Now download and install “Android Terminal Emulator” and “Busybox” App from Google Play Store. The link is given below: (Ignore the step if already installed)
- Open Android Terminal Emulator app and paste these commands: ” su ” and hit Enter.
- You will see a root promote pop-up on the display, tap “allow”.
- Now type these commands to know your current interface name and hit enter: (backup your current network interface name)
ip link show
- Now enter this comment “busybox ip link show eth0” and hit enter. You will see current MAC address.
- Then type this command to change the MAC address: “busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY“. where you have to change “XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY” with the random MAC address.
- That’s it, you have successfully altered the MAC address.
This is a permanent method, so if you have changed your MAC address then it will never go back to its original state. If you want to restore the old MAC address then follow the steps and input the old MAC address as the replacement of this “XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY”.