Google finally released May 2020 security patch update for Google Pixel devices. The update is now rolling out for the Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2, and Pixel 2 XL. User can update check for the update from system update option. The update is available for Globally for non-rooted users. If you are interested in the latest Security Patch, you can check for the update on your device or you can install manually using Factory Images.
The May 2020 security patch firmware based on Android 10 with May 2020 Security Patch. There is no change in UI and other function, according to changelog it will improve the system security and performance and some security vulnerability. The update also patched the Kernel and Qualcomm components. The update is available globally you can update via OTA method or manually using factory image.
- Pixel 2 (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.A3
- Pixel 3 (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.A3
- Pixel 3a (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.A3
- Pixel 4 (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.A3
- Pixel 2 (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.B3
- Pixel 3 (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.B2
- Pixel 3a (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.B2
- Pixel 4 (XL): QQ2A.200501.001.B2
How to Get May 2020 Security Patch Update
It is the truth that all user will not get the update at the same time, many users can receive the update in delay. Even some user may not receive the update because of religion issue, rooting and third party issue. You can check for the update from Settings ⇒ System ⇒ System updates. If you received the OTA and completed downloading the firmware update make sure you have charged the device over 50% before upgrading the firmware.
How to Update Factory Images in Google Devices
There is another way you can still update your device to the latest firmware if you did not receive the update. This method not for beginners makes sure you know how to flash Android phones. You can still update your pixel device by flashing Factory Images using the SDK tool.
- Charge your device to 50% for interruptions during the flashing process.
- Take full back (include Contacts, SMS, Gallery and internal storage files).
- Install Google USB Driver and on your pc.
- Download full Factory Images for your PIxel device.
- Use the Android SDK tool and read guide Apply Updates from ADB sideload.
Hope you have received the update and installed successfully, and if you still not received the update comment below, so we can help you to update your Pixel to the latest version.