Here are the instructions to Apply Updates from ADB sideload or Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode for the OTA updates done manually.
ADB sideload is a further characteristic that was added to AOSP recovery in Jelly Bean. As of version 2.3, TWRP also supports ADB sideload mode. ADB sideload is a distinctive ADB mode that you can apply to push and install a zip by applying only a single command from your computer. Most likely ADB sideload won’t be quite beneficial for your average recovery need, but ADB sideload does act as an immense time-saver for a ROM developer.
What is OTA update (Over-The-Air):-
OTA (Over-The-Air) has been a hot topic for Android devices for a long time, and its updates are ought to be deservedly introduced into the internet hence. This creates certainties for a user to acquire updates for his/her device unswervingly on the phone minus a physical connection of the phone to the PC. Apple was the first company to launch this technology for its devices chiefly iPhones.
Thus over-the-air update is a wireless conveyance of the latest software or data to mobile phones and tablets. It similarly acts as a customary for the transmission and reception of application-related information in a wireless infrastructure.
Wireless carriers have conventionally exercised over-the-air updates to install firmware and configure phones for operation on their networks. For instance, the initialization of a brand-new phone necessitates an over-the-air update. As the usage of smartphones and tablets is intensifying day by day, carriers and manufacturers are concentrating more on over-the-air updates for the installation of new operating systems to the respective devices.
Installation of OTA updates can be done in two ways. One is to apply updates from ADB sideload, and the other is done to Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode.
- Stock Recovery or TWRP Recovery.
- Ota Zip File You can get it from our OTA update Section.
- Free System Space.
- Developer Options, USB Debugging Mode, must be enabled ⇒ How To Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging Mode.
- Adb Fastboot Tool ⇒ Download Latest Minimal ADB And Fastboot Tools.
Method 1: How to Apply Updates from ADB sideload
1. Read Requirements and enable Developer Options, USB Debugging Mode. Download Adb Fastboot Tool and unzip it.
2. Download the OTA File update .zip file for your Android device on your PC and rename it to ota.zip file don’t unzip.
3. Copy ota.zip update file to Minimal ADB And Fastboot Tools folder “platform-tools-latest-windows” folder for Windows Pc.
4. Connect your phone to your PC.
5. Now go inside the folder ADB And Fastboot Tools folder or where you have copied the OTA update .zip file. Then open the command window inside the folder. Perform “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder to achieve that and select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
6. Now type the following command in the command window to reboot your phone into recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
7. Check your phone’s screen, if it requests for “Allow USB debugging”, consent it by selecting OK/Yes.
8. After entering in recovery mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate up and down amid options and the Power button to select an option.
9. Select “Apply update from ADB” option for TWRP Recovery Go to Advance ⇒ ADB Sideload.
10. Now type the following command to Apply Updates from ADB sideload ultimately.
adb sideload ota.zip
11. This will start the OTA installation.
12. Once the installation is complete you can reboot the device from the recovery menu.
Method 2: Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode
1. Download and copy OTA update’s .zip file to your Android device’s internal storage root.
2. Boot your device into recovery mode. You can boot into recovery mode by Hold Volume Up + Power Key or Volume Down + Power Key. For Samsung Devices Volume Up + Home or Bixby + Power Button.
3. After entering in recovery mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate up and down amid options and the Power button to select an option.
4. Select the “Apply update” or “Apply update from phone storage” option for Stock Recovery and Install Zip for TWRP Recovery.
5. Select the OTA .zip file you have conveyed in Step 1 above and install it.
6. After installation is over, select reboot from the recovery main menu to successfully return to the normal working state of the device.
This was the entire guide to apply Updates from ADB sideload or Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode. Hope these instructions assist you well. If you consider contributing anything to this page, please feel free to write in the comment section below.