Odin is Firmware flash tool for Samsung device to upgrade Samsung device firmware, Flash tar firmware file. The Odin flash tool used for all Samsung Galaxy Device firmware flashing and updating the firmware. But this tool also helps to flash the modified firmware, boot file and Recovery file. In this guide, we will show you How To Flash TWRP using Odin on Samsung Galaxy Android Devices For custom ROM and other mods flashing.
Odin is a PC application used internally at all Samsung service facilities for updating and flashing Samsung Galaxy Devices. This program officially not available for public, only available at Samsung service facilities but we and many blogs uploaded the Odin tool. We have already posted a guide on how to flash the firmware with Odin tool but this time we will guide you Flash TWRP Recovery using Odin Tool.
What Is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP Recovery is custom made recovery developed and maintained by the people over at TeamWin Team. With TWRP, it is possible to take the whole Android device (nandroid) backup, and install/flash rooting scripts such as SuperSU, Magisk Custom ROMs/MODs, and other related things.
You can download TWRP Recovery from our blog we regularly update TWRP Recovery and rooting guide for Android Devices. Or you can get official twrp recovery from TWRP: TeamWin website or other Android Forums.
- Before starting the Twrp Install Process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Samsung Driver
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode and Download Mode.
- Download Latest Odin and TWRP Recovery for The anchor text link.
How To Flash TWRP using Odin on Samsung Galaxy Android devices
1. First, read Pre-requisites and Download TWRP Recovery for your Galaxy Device.
- For Snapdragon Variant install CROM Service app from Galaxy App Store and unlock the bootloader or download from here CROM Service 1.0.7.
2. Download Latest Odin from Odin download link And Unzip Odin-v3.*.* and Twrp.tar file.
3. Run Odin3 vx.xx.exe.
4. Switch Off Your Galaxy Device.
5. Turn Your Phone Into Download Mode By Hold Volume Down + Bixby Key + Power.
- For mid-range Galaxy Device Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key.
Press Volume Up to acknowledge the warning Then Phone Will Turn Download Mode
6. Connect Your Phone To Pc Via USB cable.
7. That Is, Check The Ap Box, Add The TWRP File. (Do Not Extract It)
8. Uncheck Auto Reboot And F.Reset Time Options.
See The Screenshot.
- Now, Click Start Button To Begin The Installation Process.
- Don’t reboot the device in normal mode and go to the root process (Samsung will re-write the stock recovery if you reboot into normal mode).
- You root your Galaxy Device by flashing magisk zip or read our root guide as your device.
More Odin Guide – Guide to NAND Erase Samsung Devices