Here is, a guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root MOTO G6 variant. It is a simple guide just follow it carefully and you are ready to go. We will use the fastboot method to install TWRP Recovery and then we will root the device. There are many models of MOTO G6 check the full post for supported models and procedures.
TWRP stands for Team-Win Recovery Project. We all know that, TWRP recovery and rooting your smartphone is useful for in many scenarios, Still for those who are new let’s check it out some cool things TWRP and rooting features can do. Thanks to the XDA Developers DEJELLO and other members for the TWRP and Boot images.
Benefits of install TWRP recovery And Root MOTO G6:
- By rooting you can easily delete bloatware that is built in in the smartphones. Free up some space by deleting some unnecessary bloatware.
- Get some real backups by using apps like Titanium backup etc. You can also modify some system settings like build.prop files. Rooting has much more advantages; you will get to know.
- TWRP enables us for easy rooting and unrooting device. Just by flashing SuperSu we can root the smartphone.
- The most important and loved feature that CUSTOM ROMs. This is the very important feature, or we can say it as a big advantage of TWRP recovery.
- You can turn your phone to its full speed by overclocking and also you can do some underclocking.
- Xposed features are also an advantage of TWRP. Let’s you customize your phone’s stock ROM easy and simple. There are much more features but let’s go to our topic.
- MOTO G6
- XT1925-2- International
- XT1925-3 Brazil
- XT1925-5 UK/EUR
- XT1925-6 Unlocked US/Canada
- UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
- COPY Magisk FILE TO YOUR PHONE STORAGE
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery and Root MOTO G6 ALI:
1.) First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2.) Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2016.zip” unzip it Download TWRP recovery for your phone.
3.) Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “XXXXXX.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2016 Folder.
4.) Open cmd windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2016 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5.) Connect your phone to PC.
6.) Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to reboot your phone into bootloader (fastboot) mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7.) Now hit the Bootloader command.
adb reboot bootloader
7.) Now flash the correct boot image as per your device by hitting this command.
fastboot flash boot <boot-image-name-here>.img
7.) Flash TWRP by using this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This is not it. You need to do the Verity Disabler ZIP flashing. Don’t disconnect your phone from PC. Download ForceEncryption ZIP from download section to your PC.
You need to take backup if you want to go back to full stock again. Hit the following command in the ADB to take backup.
adb pull /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom factory-fstab.qcom
Now you have to move the Force Encryption ZIP to TEMP directory do it by hitting this below command.
adb push Force_Encryption_Disabler_For_ALI_Oreo_v2.zip /tmp
Now boot to TWRP and Go to INSTALL–find the ZIP file you sent earlier and flash it.
You can check it is done successfully or not. Hit the below command and if it says ENCRYPTED instead of FORCE ENCRYPTED then its done. Now move towards the rooting.
Guide To Root MOTO G6:-
- Download “Magisk.Zip” copy it to the phone.
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume Down + Power.
- Now Allow Modifications “Swipe to Allow Modifications” allow it.
- Go to Install Navigate to
- Swipe to install.
- Reboot your device.
Recommended For You: Guide To Install TWRP Recovery And Root Swipe Konnect Grand
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.