YouTube is one of the biggest online video streaming websites that recently took the most controversial decision by disabling the YouTube dislike count from all YouTube videos. Users can still dislike YouTube videos but the dislike count will not show for the viewers, Google already published the decision on youtube blog about why they private the dislike count. Top YouTubers like MKBHD, Linus Tech Tips, H3 Podcast they already protested in theirs videos about this decision. But there is still a way you can bring back YouTube Dislike Count with a Browser Extension for Android wait for YouTube Vanced update it’s about time they will also add the Dislike Count in upcoming updates.
YouTube said in their blog post, The main reason for Removing YouTube Dislike Count is to protect creators from harassment and reduce the dislike attacks. But many viewers have already criticized the decision, they want the youtube dislike button back but Google is still not listing the viewers and users. If you are one of the angry viewers and want the youtube dislike button back then you can use this guide on How to bring back YouTube Dislike Count.
Browser Extensions to bring back YouTube Dislike Counts
There are currently two Browser Extension, one is Return YouTube Dislike by Dmitry Selivanov is available for both Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. Another alternative one is yt-dislikes-viewer by PGamerX a GitHub user which is also available for Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. You can return youtube dislike Count by simply installing the Browser Extension.
The Return YouTube Dislike Extensions is a simple one, you can bring back YouTube Dislike Counts by simply installing the extension, and for Yt-Dislikes-Viewer follow our guide in the next step.
Guide To Install Yt Dislikes Viewer On your Pc and Return youtube dislike button
1. Download the Latest yt-dislikes-viewer zip file for your browser and extract the files to any new folder.
2. Go to the extensions tab by pasting this address in the address bar, For Chrome – “chrome://extensions” for Edge “edge://extensions” and Enable developer mode.
3. Now drag and drop the folder in the extensions tab.
4. Click on the extension’s icon and pin the yt-dislikes-viewer.
5. Now check any YouTube Videos for Dislike Counts.
6. If still not showing click on yt-dislikes-viewer extension icon and enter your YouTube v3 Data API key.
Generate YouTube v3 Data API key
- First visit Google Developers Console and login with your Google Account.
- Create a new project on the Top.
- Create a project with name and organization (optional).
- Select the project you just created.
- Now go to Dashboard > APIs and Services.
- On the top click and Enable APIs and Services.
- In the right side click library and search YouTube Data API v3.
- Enable the API.
- Go to credentials and Create credentials on the right corner.
- Copy the API key.
- Enter the API key in the YT Dislikes viewer extension and save.