Google just launched Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL in a few countries with Android 10, and after the launch, Google also released the kernel source code. The USA brand Google wants to give tough competition to Apple so as Samsung they also released the kernel source and bootloader unlock guide on their support website. We have published the bootloader unlock guide for Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL now in this post I will guide you on how to root. In this post, I will show you how to root Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL with Latest Magisk.
Every time Google launched the Pixel device with the stock Android interface this time also Google launched the Pixel 4 and 4 XL with stock Android. The Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor and 2800mAh battery for Pixel 4 and 3700mAh for Pixel 4 XL. The main feature of the Pixel 4 Series is the dual-pixel camera, the device coming with dual 16 MP + 12.2 MP and dual selfie camera. The device is coming with 6GB of ram and 128 GB of UFS 2.1 NAND flash storage. As OnePlus device this time Google also releases the source code and kernel, so we also expect development and custom ROMs for the device and we will update all the mod’s ROMs of this device in the future.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting Pixel 4 devices you can able to mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with the Xposed module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
Google Pixel 4 / Pixel 4 XL rooting
You can root Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL with Latest Magisk with the help of the patched boot image. But we will suggest you flash the magsik with twrp recovery, but it currently not possible because working twrp is still not available for Pixel 4 ad 4 XL. SuperSu is stopped developing on new updates but SuperSu 2.82 supports Android 8.0, 7.0, 6.0 phones. So if you want to root Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL then you need to extract the boot image from the latest firmware. In this post, I will guide you on how to root the device with the help of magisk manager.
Pixel 4 (flame) and Pixel 4 XL (coral)
- Before starting the rooting Process, do a complete backup; your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- First, unlock the bootloader to root the device ⇒ Unlock Bootloader of Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
- Download Latest Magisk Manager ⇒ Latest Magisk Manager
- Read guide
How to Patch boot image and Root Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL with Magisk Manager
1. First Backup your device data from the device then unlock the bootloader to root the device.
2. Download the latest factory firmware from the google developer center for your device.
3. Now open the zip using any archive manager 7-zip or WinRAR. You will find a folder inside it for Pixel 4 XL coral-qd1a.*** and flame-qd1a.*** for Pixel 4. You will find another zip file in this folder copy the boot.img file from this zip file to your pc or laptop then copy it to your phone.
4. Next, download the latest Magisk Manager APP and install it on your Pixel 4 or 4 XL device.
5. Open Magisk Manager APP and “tap” on the Install option and Select and Patch a file option.
6. Navigate to the boot.img file waits for magisk to patch the image.
7. Once Magisk patch the boot image copy the patched boot image from ⇒ internal storage → MagiskManager folder to your pc or laptop.
8. Download Latest Minimal ADB And Fastboot tool and unzip it. Copy the patched boot image to platform-tools folder.
9. Connect your Pixel 4 Device to the pc and open Cmd Window on “platform-tools” folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Button ⇒ Open Command Window Here.
10. Now reboot your device into fastboot (bootloader) mode using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
11. Next, flash the patched boot image using this command.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
12. Now disconnect and reboot your device in normal mode. Next open launch Magisk Manager again if it shows installed then you are ready to use if not then click install and tap on direct install.
Other Root Guide ⇒