HTC launched HTC U12 Plus in June 2018 in the smartphone market. There’s no official TWRP recovery for HTC U12 Plus but without recovery root method is now available. Here we guide you how to Root HTC U12 Plus with Magisk without TWRP Recovery. We all know that at this time if you want to root your device then need to install TWRP recovery most of the device, but here you will find root method without TWRP.
Root HTC U12 Plus With Magisk
Let’s discuss few things about the device. The HTC U12+ is having 6.0 inches Super LCD6 capacitive touchscreen. It has a display of pixel 2880×1440. It Comes with the 2.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 845 processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The HTC U12+ is having storage 64/128 GB internal. The camera of HTC U12 Plus sports Dual: 12+16-Megapixel rare camera and Dual 8-megapixels front camera for a selfie. This device also comes with Android 8.1 Oreo OS. It has Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery. The connectivity, has Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope and fingerprint.
Root HTC U12 Plus without TWRP:
This guide helps you to Root HTC U12+ without official or unofficial TWRP recovery. Here we Root HTC U12 Plus with Magisk. After root HTC U12+ you can customize your device whatever you want. Thanks to XDA Senior Member “Freak07” to found and share this guide. So let’s go down and download required files and follow the instruction.
Root advantages of Android device:
Rooting is a process that gives you full control of your device. After Root your device you can get root permissions on your phone, now you can access root storage or edit system.
After rooting your device you can customize or install various types of the mod, install custom ROM, uninstall Bloatware apps, optimize battery app, overclock the processor and much more.
- Charge your device, minimum 50-60%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Enable developer options.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB Debugging.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ usb debugging ” checkbox.
Requirements & Downloads:-
- Make sure your device Bootloader has been unlocked.
- Create a Full nandroid backup of your device before rooting.
- Install Driver From ⇒ Here.
- Download ⇒ ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- Download correct boot image for your device based on the current firmware version, The boot image is inside the zips named: boot_signed.img
- Download Magisk manager from Here.
- Read Guide.
You may also like: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Latest Android Devices
Guide To Root HTC U12 Plus without TWRP:
- Copy the extracted boot image file and Magisk manager APK to device storage.
- Now install Magisk Manager APK.
- Once installed, run the Magisk Manager app and tap Install on the main screen.
- A popup will appear, select INSTALL and then select Patch Boot Image File.
- Navigate to the boot_signed.img. (It takes a few seconds to patch the boot image file).
- Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Then open cmd windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
- Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to pull the patched boot image.
adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img
- After that Reboot your device to Bootloader using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- On your phone, check the active bootloader slot, then follow the command based on slot number:
If slot a is active:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
If slot b is active:
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Reboot the device to recovery using below command:
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.