Good news for Poco users if you are using Poco X4 Pro 5G and want to install Custom ROMs or Root the device. Then Custom Recovery like TWRP recovery or Orange Fox Recovery is now available for Poco X4 Pro 5G devices. The unofficial TWRP Recovery is developed by a Poco X4 telegram member, which means you can root Poco X4 Pro. The device needs to unlock the bootloader to flash recovery you can use the miflash_unlock tool, you can read our unlock bootloader guide on How to Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi devices. The recovery is still in development mode, but you can flash magisk with it and root the device. We will show you How To Root Poco X4 Pro Devices with TWRP Recovery and Magisk.
In this post, we are going to share TWRP Recovery for Poco X4 Pro and other Custom Recovery from the Poco X4 Pro groups. The only way to Root Poco X4 Pro 5G is via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment of their app and SuperSu doesn’t support Android 11+. So you need the latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Guide on How to unlock the Xiaomi bootloader.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting the Poco X4 Pro phone you can able to mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, and System Apps after Rooting the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module, and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of the Magisk systemless App. Let’s start with the guide.
- Poco X4 Pro 5G (veux), (veux_p) | (peux), (peux_p)
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, and Internal Storage Files.
- Remove the pattern, pin, and Finger Print from the device
- Charge the device for interrupt installation.
- Install Xiaomi Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock on Xiaomi to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi MI, Redmi, and POCO phone bootloader ⇒ How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi MI, Redmi, and POCO devices
- Download the TWRP file and Latest Magisk and ADB-Fastboot Tool Read Guide.
Download Custom Recovery for Poco X4 Pro 5G & Root Files, ADB Tool
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
Disable Verification File ⇒ vendor_boot.img
Disable Encryption (optional) ⇒ Encryption_disabler.zip
Root Files ⇒ Modded Magisk for Poco X4 Pro
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Poco X4 Pro 5G
1. First, read the Prerequisites unlock the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, and TWRP Recovery for Poco X4 Pro or Modded Custom-RecoveryV2.
- Download and unzip platform-tools-latest-windows.zip and copy platform-tools to the C drive.
- Download The Recovery file boot.img and.vendor_boot.img and place 2 files in the platform-tools folder.
2. Switch Off your device Then Hold Volume Down and connect USB Cable to connect your device to FASTBOOT Mode.
3. Now open the command promotes to the platform-tools folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one or type the below command in the CMD window.
4. Now flash vendor img to disable verification by using this command.
flastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
5. This command will install Custom recovery on Poco X4 Pro 5G phone permanently Don’t reboot the device instead boot the device into recovery mode and go to the root step with this command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
6. After flashing TWRP recovery, now You can boot into Recovery with this command.
fastboot reboot recovery
How To Root Poco X4 Pro 5G with Magisk
1. Once you complete the TWRP Recovery installation, now you can root the device by flash (Modded Magsik) and Download the Magsik from the download section.
2. Download the Magsik zip and Copy files to SD Card.
3. Insert the SD card into the device and turn your device into recovery mode.
4. Turn Off your device and switch on recovery mode by Volume UP + POWER.
5. Don’t Allow for modifications. Keep read-only.
6. Go To install and navigate to Magsik zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
7. Flash encryption_disabler. zip to Remove encryption and Unlock Warning.
8. Back and reboot the device.
9. Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).
Yes, rooting will void the warranty in most smartphones, but for Xiaomi devices, it’s not Xiaomi devices still provide a warranty until the device bricked by rooting or installing TWRP recovery.
Yes, this guide supports Android 11 to Android 13 running devices, and we will update the guide if a new update is released for the device.
No, you can’t, After installing TWRP or other custom recovery on the device and after rooting you can’t update the device via OTA update. The official OTA update is possible manually via custom recovery.
Yes, Unrooting is possible, To unroot the device, you have to install stock firmware to revert back to normal official software. You can visit our firmware section to install the official software