Looking for a way to root Samsung Galaxy M40? Then you are the right place. To maximize its performance and get control of system files you can root your device. Magisk is the perfect way to root your Android device and here we share an easy method to install the official Magisk on Samsung Galaxy M40. This article will help you to root Samsung Galaxy M40 with Magisk Patched Boot Image by following these steps below.
Samsung has launched a bunch of M-series device with good camera features. Samsung Galaxy M40 is one of the best mid-range phones. After rooting Galaxy M40 you can get some extra benefits. You can install many Magisk modules like Mod, font, theme to increase your device performance. XDA developer awsmanks has shared a simple trick to create Magisk Patched Boot and using it root Galaxy M40.
Way To Root Samsung Galaxy M40
Before installing Magisk on Samsung Galaxy M40 smartphones, you’ll have to unlock the bootloader on your device. Also, you should note that Magisk will trip Knox, and, when installing it for the first time, you’ll have to perform a full data wipe. Therefore, you should backup your data before installing Magisk.
Here we share a complete guide to “Root Galaxy M40” without TWRP recovery. First, we will create a patched boot.img using Magisk canary then flash this boot.img.tar using ODIN Tool to root. If you have Samsung Galaxy M40 and you want to install root your smartphone. Then read the full guide to make it easier.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Samsung Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock on Samsung Device to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Make sure device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
Download Samsung Galaxy M40 Root Files
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy M40 On Andorid Pie
- Download Stock Firmware for your device. (Version should be similar on which your phone is running)
- Then extract it and copy the AP tar file to your device.
- Now install the ‘MagiskManager.apk‘ on your device and open it.
- In Magisk Manager, Open Settings ⇒ Patched Boot Output Format and select “.img.tar“.
- After that back to Magisk home and select “Install ⇒ Install ⇒ select and patch file” option.
- Now select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy the “magisk_patched.tar” on your desktop.
- After that download Odin and extract Odin-v3.*.* and run Odin3 vx.xx.exe.
- Then Switch Off your device.
- Turn your device into Download Mode By (Power + Volume Up).
Keep Pressing Volume Up to acknowledge the warning Then Phone Will Turn Download Mode
- Again Connect your phone with PC via USB.
- ODIN will detect your device.
- Uncheck Auto Reboot from Option.
- That is, check the AP Box, select the ‘magisk_patched.tar‘ file.
- Like the Screenshot:
- Now click Start Button on ODIN to begin the installation process.
- Once done you’ll see PASS! message on ODIN after that Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press Power + Volume Up and hold Volume Up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
- When you are in Stock Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset to wipe full data of the device. (mandatory)
- Now select “Reboot system now” and immediately press Power + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Release all buttons.
- That’s it now you can enjoy all the root features on your device.
Keep mind those things before boot your device:
- System with no Magisk ⇒ Powering up normally.
- System with Magisk ⇒ Power + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Release all buttons.
- Stock recovery ⇒ Power + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Keep holding volume up.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like Mods, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.