Here we will share a guide to install TWRP recovery and Root OnePlus 6T. After rooting your device will get many special features also you can modify the system.
OnePlus launched latest flagship killer device in the smartphone market, the OnePlus 6T. This device launched in India and after launching it has received a very positive rating from users and critics. The most important thing it comes with 6.41-inch Full HD with notch display, also it has Snapdragon 845 CPU and Dual camera setup. Today I found “TWRP for OnePlus 6T” and guide to “root OnePlus 6T” from XDA forum. Thanks to XDA Senior Member “mauronofrio”, to build TWRP for OnePlus 6T. Here we share a complete guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6T.
Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6T
You can even tweak the system settings to increase device performance or customize to root OnePlus 6T. In this post, we will root with the help of Magisk. After root your device you can easily use root-enabled apps, mods, for additional features. To root or install twrp need to first unlock the bootloader. So if your device lock then first unlock the bootloader first.
As soon as OnePlus 6T arrives in the market, there is a lot to release mods, custom ROM, also you can get Viper4Android, Dolby or any sound mod for OnePlus 6T. If you want to install custom ROM or any mod then need to install TWRP Recovery and root access. Here we provide official TWRP v3.2.3 for OnePlus 6T. So let’s go to the steps below to Install TWRP Recovery And Root OnePlus 6T.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Unlock Bootloader – Unlock OnePlus Phone Bootloader
- Install OnePlus Driver.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on OnePlus device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Remove all password or fingerprint from your device.
- Download the below files then read the guide.
Download OnePlus 6T TWRP Recovery
- TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6T: twrp-fajita-3.2.3-1.img
Download other required files:
Unlock Bootloader OnePlus 6T
Without unlock bootloader you can do anything. So go to this link to unlock OnePlus 6T bootloader: Unlock_Bootloader_OnePlus_6T (From XDA).
Install Official TWRP For OnePlus 6T
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all files from above. Then copy all those files in your device and do keep a copy of TWRP in the computer.
3. Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “twrp-fajita-3.2.3-1.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder.
4. Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5. Connect your device to the PC, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your OnePlus 6T in Bootloader Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
› If you get Permission popup in your device then Allow it.
7. Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery temporarily.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8. Now hold Volume Down and while holding the Volume down button, run the command below to reboot into download mode.
9. Then reboot your device to Recovery Mode, When asked to “Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
10. Then click install button and select “twrp-fajita-3.2.3-1.img” to install TWRP permanently in your device .
11. Once done click on Reboot system button to restart the device.
12. That’s it to install TWRP. If you want to Root Redmi 6 Pro then follow the guide below.
OnePlus 6T Root
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume UP + Power.
- Go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.