Backup and Restore IMEI / NVRAM Data on Android Mediatek Devices
Android is capable of great customization and flexibility, which is probably the biggest reason it’s smart phone enthusiasts the most popular operating system. By customizing and optimizing the performance of powered equipment is the best part of it and custom ROM is the solution to customize desire. There are a lot of people to choose from. However, whether we choose which ROM, it should always be borne in mind that we are dealing with is an unofficial Android system port. That is why the flashing custom ROM manual step by step procedure applied, so it is always recommended that a complete data backup device to take to avoid some of the data in case of loss goes wrong and all the phone’s data are gone .
Of course, you can always restore your phone ROM and restore your data from the backup file by flashing Android stock. But sometimes still can not use any network or connect to a wireless network. Ever wonder why? This is because the custom ROM installation fails to erase your device IMEI / NVRAM data, you need to back them up through the recovery. So, here is a complete guide to back up and restore your IMEI / NVRAM data.
What is IMEI?
IMEI behalf of the international mobile station equipment identity, it is by 15 decimal digits (14 digits and clock number). This is a unique identification number for the GSM, UMTS, LTE equipment and as well as some satellite phones.
IMEI number helps determine a valid device, therefore, the amount can be used to “blacklist”, from the use of the network, sometimes also stolen other network devices.
How do I find my device IMEI number?
There are several ways to find a device’s IMEI number –
A common way to find the device IMEI number by dialing * # 06 # from the device and pop-up will appear with its IMEI number.
Android users can go to “Settings”> “About phone”> “Status” to check their IMEI numbers, you will see some of the “IMEI” options.
On this planet, every phone comes with the IMEI number printed on the back, under the battery.
What is NVRAM?
Nonvolatile random access memory, a type of memory, after its competition off the device saved. It includes SRAM and EEPROM chips. NVRAM contains data WiFi and Bluetooth MAC addresses, Baseband version, IMEI / MEID numbers and other basic information about the image.
Therefore, the loss or damage of NVRAM data means that you will not use the device with any mobile network or connected to a wireless network.
How to use IMEI / NVRAM data backup?
- Download:- MTKdroid tools.
- Unzip the file on your PC and run MTKdroidTools.exe.
- Go to “Settings> About phone” Enable USB debugging on your Android phone and find “Build no.” Then Assembly seven times, now you have to enable the “Developer Options” on your device. Back to the “Settings” page and click on the “Developer Options.” Now, tap the “USB debugging” check box to enable USB debugging the device.
- Via USB cable to connect the device to your computer.
- Click on the “root” button at the bottom of the program window and get root access on your phone.
- Now click “IMEI / NVRAM” button. A pop-up window will appear.
- Click The “Backup” Button And The Application Will Back Up Your Data IMEI / NVRAM In The “BackupNVRAM” Folder Within The “MTKdroidTools” Folder.
How to recover my IMEI / NVRAM data?
- Run MTKdroidTools.exe from the PC.
- Enable USB debugging your phone, it connects to the computer via a USB cable.
- Ø Click on the “root” button at the bottom of the program window and get root access on your phone.
Then click on the “Restore” button. It will require a .bin file and .tar files. The correct file from the “BackupNVRAM” folder. If all goes well, you have successfully restored your phone’s IMEI / NVRAM data.
Now install any custom ROM of your choice without having to worry about losing the IMEI / NVRAM data to make the most out of Android. This is now. Continue reading, and share your thoughts down with us in the comments below.