Guide To Enable Google Assistant On Android 5.0+ Devices Without Root
What is Google Assistant:
I know you already know what the assistant is, still who are new to this take a glimpse to it. Just like Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s SIRI and Microsofts Cortana Google introduced Assistant. Google unveiled this assistant at Google I/O in May 2016. It been launched for Pixel and Pixel XL devices later it was available for Android to wear 2.0. Earlier Google announced that the assistant will be available for Android 6.0+ devices. But you know developers 😛 they already found out the way to enable it. This method was discovered by an XDA member Nikhilkumar038.
Features Of Google Assistant:
- Unlock your phone with your voice
- Open any apps with your voice
- Get advice on where to drink eat and much more
- Get the routes for traveling
- Ask anything, Assitant will have the answer for you
- Assistant will tell you Weather updates, Netflix shows anything you ask
- Want a reminder for a meeting? Assistant will do it for you
- More features you discover then here.
How To Enable Assistant On Android 5.0 Devices:
Going exactly to the point, We will use NOVA launcher to enable this Google Assitant. Just follow the below steps and get your personal assistant even without the need of rooting your smartphone.
Steps To Enable Google Assistant:
1) — Download the latest version of NOVA launcher from Playstore.
2) Install the NOVA launcher Set it as a default launcher, and hold on the home screen free space.
3) A new window will open, Click on Widgets.
4) Then again a new Widgets window will open, under NOVA launcher hold and drag ACTIVITIES tab on home screen. Refer below screenshot.
5) After that automatically a popup will open if it doesn’t tap on the ACTIVITIES. Now in this Popup Find the Google Tab and tap on it. Refer the screenshot.
6) After tapping on Google Tab find, com.google.android.apps.gsa.staticplugins.opa.hq.OpaHqActivity as shown in screenshot and click on it.
7) Now you will see Google Assistant on your Home screen. 😀 Just tap on it and you are ready to go with your assistant.
8) Now you will see two tabs, just go to Your Stuff and click on Add reminder.
9) Now just train your voice, say OK GOOGLE 3 times. Wear headphones for more accuracy, this is just a first time setup. After setting up just open the assistant from your home screen or just say OK GOOGLE. Click on the Assistant Icon and you are done !!
Recommended For You:
- Enable Google Assistant, Install Google Pixel apps With Nougat Optimizer
- Enable YouTube Red and Background Playback with Lucky Patcher
- Guide To Enable Google Assistant on Any Android Marshmallow Devices
- Replace Android O Emoji On Any Android 5.0+ Running Device
10) Ask anything to your Assistant, like I did. 😀
So, it was easy right? If you still have any problems comment here, we will help you.
if you like it, like and share on your social media. Stay tuned for more updates.