Install Official TWRP And Root Moto X4 On Nougat And Oreo
Previous year Moto launched Moto X4. This device comes with Dual camera features. After long days officially Moto X4 got TWRP recovery. This TWRP has no bugs you can easily use it without any issue. Today I got official TWRP for Moto X4 and guide to root Moto X4 with Magisk. Here we share a full guide to install Official TWRP And Root Moto X4 On Nougat And Oreo.
Here we will guide to install TWRP recovery on Moto X4. Also, Root Moto X4 via Magisk with a simple guide. If you have Moto X4 you can install TWRP Recovery on your device and root it. Moto device comes with the bootloader. So without unlocking bootloader, you couldn’t customize any things so first unlock bootloader Moto X4.
Move To Table
Install Official TWRP Recovery And Root Moto X4
After launching Moto X4 already started to develop many mods, custom ROM and much ROM at XDA forum. Also, you can get unofficial TWRP recovery since long but If you can want to official TWRP Recovery and root via Magisk then this guide will help you. This guide will works with Any version of Android, like Nougat or Oreo. So let’s go to the steps below to install Official TWRP And Root Moto X4 On Nougat and Oreo.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install USB Driver from Here.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Moto device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Enable OEM Unlock (If the bootloader is locked).
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the“ OEM Unlock ” checkbox
- Download the below files then read the guide.
Unlock Moto X4 Bootloader:
Without unlock bootloader you can do anything. So go to this link to unlock Moto X4 bootloader: Unlock_Bootloader_Moto_X4.
Install TWRP For Moto X4:
1.) First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2.) Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img from above and copy in the same folder (adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder).
3.) Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “XXX.img” to “recovery.img“.
4.) Open cmd windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5.) Connect your device to PC, you may be asked to grant USB Debugging permission. Allow it.
6.) Now paste this command to Reboot your device in Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
7.) Once in Fastboot Mode then Flash TWRP by using this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8.) Once the flashing process is done, unplug your device and reboot.
Guide To Root Moto X4:
- Download Magisk zip, copy it to the Internal Storage or external storage.
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume UP + Down + Power.
- Now Don’t Allow Modifications.
- Go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
- Or read the guide on our magisk article.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.