Guide To Install TWRP Recovery And Root Mi 8
Recently Xiaomi launched a new flagship device, the Mi 8. This device is already launched in global few months ago. This device has an Ultra-thin four-sided curved body with 6.21inch AMOLED Full-Screen Display. Today I saw TWRP for Mi 8 and guide to root Mi 8 in XDA forum. Here we share a full guide to unlock bootloader Mi 8, Install TWRP and Root Mi 8.
Here we will guide to install TWRP recovery for Mi 8. Also, Root Mi 8 via Magisk with a simple guide. If you have Mi 8 you can install TWRP Recovery on your device and root it. Moto device comes with the bootloader. So without unlocking bootloader, you couldn’t customize any things so first unlock bootloader Mi 8.
Install TWRP Recovery And Root Mi 8
After launching Mi 8, already started to develop many mods, custom ROM and much ROM at XDA forum. If you can want to install custom ROM or any mod then need to install Install TWRP Recovery and root features give you full access to Android. So let’s go to the steps below to unlock bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery And Root Mi 8.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install USB Driver from Here.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Xiaomi device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Remove all password or fingerprint from your device.
- Download the below files then read the guide.
- Download ⇒ ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- TWRP recovery for Mi 8: mi8-twrp-3.2.2.img
- DM verity disabler: no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
- Download Magisk from Here.
Unlock Xiaomi Mi 8 Bootloader:
Without unlock bootloader you can do anything. So go to this link to unlock Moto G6 Play bootloader: Unlock_Bootloader Mi 8.
Install TWRP For Xiaomi Mi 8:
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all boot files from above. Then copy all those files in your device and do keep a copy of TWRP in the computer.
3. Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “mi8-twrp-3.2.2.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2018 Folder.
4. Open cmd windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5. Connect your device to the PC, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your Mi 8 in Bootloader Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
› If you get Permission popup in your device then Allow it.
7. Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery temporarily.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8. Now Reboot your device to Recovery mode By Volume UP + Power.
9. Then in Recovery Mode, When asked to “Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
- To change the language from Chinese to English, follow the given guide.
10. Wipe data from wipe option.
11. If you want to permanently change Stock recovery to TWRP recovery then click on install button, then images button, browse TWRP file that you copied earlier, select it and swipe to install.
12. If you don’t want to root your Mi 8 then install “DM verity disabler” to get the Mi 8 to boot normally.
13. Once done click on Reboot system button to restart the device.
14. That’s it to install TWRP. If you want to Root Xiaomi Mi 8 then follow the guide below.
Guide To Root Xiaomi Mi 8:
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume UP + Power.
- Go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.