How To Enable 4G LTE only Network Mode in Huawei & Honor device [NO ROOT]
After a long experiment, today we found a trick to Enable 4G LTE only Network mode in Huawei and Honor Android Phones. This method will work without any root access. Many users facing 4G network issues in their area because of low signal strength or the user may be too far from the mobile tower. The network service provider provides both 2G, 3G, 4G but the Android device auto-switch the good signal network between 3G and 4G. Many android devices brands provide 4G LTE only option in network mode but Huawei doesn’t. In this post, we will guide you to Enable LTE only Network Mode and all other preferred network types without root.
Enable 4G Only and all other preferred network types
Today we will share a guide, with that you can enable Enable 4G LTE on Huawei device and all other network types. After enabling the 4G only option you will get a stable network, also good network strength and good data speed than before. LTE networks only can be used for internet data only, whereas function calls and SMS is not possible through LTE network but if your 4G service provider support VOLTE then it possible.
Supported devices ⇒
All Huawei, Honor device from Android 7.0 to Android 9.0 up to EMUI 9.0. Huawei P10, Huawei P20, Huawei P30, Mate 20, Mate 9. Honor 10, Honor 20, Honor 8x, Honor 7X, etc.
Enable 4G LTE only and all other preferred network types
- To enable LTE only Network Mode in Huawei & Honor device and all other network types, you just have to need one app Settings Database Editor it’s free available in play store so the first download and install it and read the guide.
1. Run the Settings Database Editor app and Tap on System Table.
2. Scroll down and find “hw_networkmode_preference“. To the right, you will see something like this 9,6,*,*. Tap on this line.
3. Tap on edit value and remove the old value and type new value “11” for old Android version Android 7.0 to Android 8.0 type this value “9,6,2,1,11“.
4. Tap save changes and reboot the device.
Alternatively Method 2
If you can’t find the “hw_networkmode_preference” the simply add the new Add new setting. or find “hw_global_networkmode_settings_enable” and edit the value to “9,6,2,1,11″.
- Tap + Add new setting at the top.
- Add a new Key “hw_networkmode_preference“.
- Tap Save.
- In Edit setting, add this value “11“.
- Tap Save changes.
Now you can change the network mode from Settings ⇒ Wireless & Networks ⇒ Mobile Network