After long research, today we found a trick to Lock LTE Bands in LG Android Phones. This method works without any root access. Many users facing 4G network issues in their area because of heavy usage in the local tower or users may be too far from the mobile tower. 4G LTE service provider provides many LTE bands, but the Android device auto selects the LTE band us network quality and sometimes Android devices select the wrong band and the user faced a network issue. In this post, we will guide you on How To Lock LTE Bands in LG Android Phones with the help of a Service Code.
Lock 4G Only and Lock 4G LTE Bands in LG Phones
Today we will share a guide, with that you can Lock 4G Only on LG device and locks 3G, and 4G LTE bands on LG device. After that, you will receive a quality connection, also good network strength, and good data speed than before. LTE networks only can be used for internet data only, whereas function calls and SMS is not possible through a network of LTE but if your 4G service provider support VOLTE then it is possible.
Why are LTE band and 4G only locking?
LTE-only mode requires when you are going in areas with weak LTE signals. If you already change or lock LTE Only option then you will get a fast internet connection via LTE networks.
Locking 4G LTE bands help provide good network strength no network drop, call drop, and good ping on the internet. Some bands like 2300, 1800, and 850 are used by most network providers, 2300 bands are good for Download speed, and 850 bands are good for low ping and provide better network strength than 2300.
Here we will share service code methods for LG devices to lock LTE bands and 4G only no root required. To do this, follow these steps to learn how to Lock 4G Only and Lock LTE bands on LG Android Phones without Root.
Supported devices ⇒
LG G5, G6, G7 Thinq, LG G8 Thinq, LG V40 Thinq, v50 Thinq, and all new LG Android devices.
Locking 4G only and LTE Bands on LG devices.
- To enter your LG device into Service Menu, you have to know the model number, So first retrieve the device model no from Setting ⇒ About then dial the service code.
- Find the service code for your device from our service codes section.
Enter *#546368#*405# in your device
- Change the model code with your device code, and change the last 3 digits 405 to your device’s last 3 digits no.
- When the service menu is opened you can see all the service menus in the screenshots.
- Go to the Field Test option.
- You can lock LTE 4G mode only from the Network mode option.
- To lock LTE, WCDMA band go to modem setting ⇒ band selection ⇒ LTE or WCDMA Select any support band as your provider, Then save or back from the service menu.
- Don’t reboot the device if you reboot the device do the setting once more time, because if you reboot your phone the band selection will auto-reset after reboot.
Service Code for LG devices ⇒