The taskbar is important thinks that shows which programs are currently running, also you can pin application as a shortcut to run it directly. After pin lots of application, Windows 10’s taskbar may become overwhelmed. If you add lots of shortcut on the taskbar but you like a clear taskbar then this guide is for you. The new Windows 10 utility will allow shortcuts to be grouped on the taskbar, thus helping you get a cleaner and more organized desktop. Here we share a complete guide to group your Taskbar Shortcuts on Windows 10.
Group Taskbar Shortcuts on Windows 10
Thanks to Jack Schierbeck to build this awesome application for windows users. TaskbarGroups is a new open-source program that can help you organize the Windows 10 taskbar. You can create multiple sets of shortcuts and pin them to the taskbar. Let’s go to the guide below.
Download Taskbar Groups:
- Download Taskbar Groups from GitHub.
- Once downloaded extract the ZIP file using file extractor like WinRar, 7Zip, etc.
- Now open ‘TaskbarGroups.exe‘ from the extracted folder.
- When you first time opens the app you will see only ‘Add taskbar group’ option. Click on it to start creating shortcuts to your favorite programs.
Create a Group:
- On the new window, you can create a group, that will appear on the taskbar.
- First, create a name for the group and add a group icon.
- Then set the width. You can also set the maximum width, ranging from 1 to 20.
- Now click on ‘Add new shortcut’ and choose the apps that you’re interested to add to the group.
- After adding all required applications click on “Save“.
Add group into TaskBar:
- When you save the group the app will take you in the home page. Here you can find the group that you created.
- Now click on the group to gain access to the shortcut folder.
- When the folder opens, right-click on the shortcut that you created and choose ‘Pin to taskbar’.
- After adding the shortcut to the taskbar, you will see a new icon in the taskbar with the group icon. You can access all grouped shortcuts by clicking the icon.
That’s it now you no longer need to use multiple icons in the taskbar for applications of the same category. This is an awesome app and it is easy to use. I must say you can try this app.
If you like this type of content, please share it with other communities and forums. Don’t forget to join our telegram group for Windows 10 tips and tricks – https://getdev.me/telegramdev