Here we will share a guide to install TWRP recovery and Root Xiaomi Mi A2. After rooting your device will get many special features also you can modify the system.
This device is now one of the best devices under 20000 budget, many people already bought this smartphone. If you are one of those users and want to customize your device then you are the right place. Today I found “TWRP for Mi A2” and guide to “root Mi A2” from XDA forum. Thanks to XDA Senior Member “TingyiChen”, to build unofficial TWRP for Mi A2. Here we share a complete guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi A2.
Move To Table
Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Mi A2
You can even tweak the system settings to increase device performance or customize to root Xiaomi Mi A2. In this post, we will root with the help of Magisk. After root your device you can easily use root-enabled apps, mods, for additional features. To root your device first need to install TWRP recovery on Mi A2.
As soon as Xiaomi Mi A2 arrives in the market, there is a lot to release mods, custom ROM, also you can install Viper4Android, Dolby or any sound mod for Xiaomi Mi A2. If you want to install custom ROM or any mod then need to install TWRP Recovery and root access. Here we provide unofficial TWRP v3.2.3 for Mi A2. So let’s go to the steps below to Install TWRP Recovery And Root Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install USB Driver from Here.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Xiaomi device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Remove all password and fingerprint.
- Download the below files then read the guide.
Download Xiaomi Mi A2 TWRP Recovery
- TWRP recovery for Mi A2: TWRP-3.2.3-jasmine-20180804.img
Download other required files:
- ADB Tool: ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- DM verity disabler: no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
- Download Magisk from Here.
Install TWRP For Xiaomi Mi A2:
1.) Make sure your device bootloader must be unlocked.
2.) Download Magisk zip, copy it to the Internal Storage or external storage.
3) Now download “adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img from above.
4.) Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “TWRP-3.2.3-jasmine-20180804.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2018 Folder.
5.) Open cmd windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
6.) Connect your device to the PC, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
7.) Now Reboot your Xiaomi Mi A2 in Bootloader Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
8.) Find the active partition of your device (it has two, A and B) by the following command, You have to install the TWRP on the non-active partition:
fastboot getvar current-slot
9.) Notice the letter at the end of the result. It would be either of _a and _b. If it’s _a, then we need to install TWRP on the B partition and if it’s _b, then it’s A partition (non-active partition).
10.) Install TWRP recovery on the B partition. If your device uses partition A, you have to install TWRP on B partition to non-active using the following command:
fastboot flash boot_b recovery.img
11.) Now set the non-active partition B as the active partition using the following command: (If the active partition is B then change active partition to A).
fastboot set_active b
12.) Careful! Now Hold volume up button and run this command to reboot into recovery mode to access TWRP first before starting to Android.
13.) Select “Keep Read Only” button and change the active partition again from within TWRP.
14.) That’s it to install TWRP. If you want to Root Mi A2 then follow the guide below.
- If you don’t want to root your device then install DM verity disabler file using TWRP to prevent the device from boot looping.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Root
- In the TWRP recovery menu go to Install button.
- Now Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
- Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.