Good news for HOMTOM S99 user unofficial Twrp recovery is now available for your device created by 4PDA forum member it means you can root the device. The TWRP recovery is available with scatter file because S99 is a Mediatek Chipset phone so without scatter file you can’t flash twrp. The twrp recovery is still in development mode, but you can flash magisk with it and root the device. We will show you How To install TWRP Recovery on HOMTOM S99 and How to Root HOMTOM S99 with magisk.
TWRP stands for Team-Win Recover Project. We all know that, TWRP recovery and rooting your smartphone is useful for in many scenarios, Still for those who are new let’s check it out some cool things TWRP and rooting features can do. Thanks to the 4PDA Forum and other members for the TWRP.
Benefits of install TWRP recovery And Root HOMTOM S99:
- By rooting you can easily delete bloatware that is built-in in the smartphones. Free up some space by deleting some unnecessary bloatware.
- Get some real backups by using apps like Titanium backup etc. You can also modify some system settings like build.prop files. Rooting has much more advantages; you will get to know.
- TWRP enables us for easy rooting and unrooting device. Just by flashing SuperSu we can root the smartphone.
- The most important and loved feature that CUSTOM ROMs. This is the very important feature, or we can say it as a big advantage of TWRP recovery.
- You can turn your phone to its full speed by overclocking and also you can do some underclocking.
- Xposed features are also an advantage of TWRP. Let’s you customize your phone’s stock ROM easy and simple. There are much more features but let’s go to our topic.
Now let’s go to the guide, first, we will guide you how to install Twrp on HOMTOM S99 with MTK flash tool. Then we will guide how to root the device with Magisk.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install MTK Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Download TWRP file Latest Magisk or SuperSu and MTK Sp Flash Tool Read Guide.
Download TWRP for HOMTOM S99 and Root Files, Flash Tool:
ADB Tool: ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
Fasboot File + TWRP for HOMTOM_S99 ⇒ TWRP S99.zip
Root Files ⇒ Latest Magisk
How To Install TWRP Recovery On HOMOTOM S99:
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all files from above. Then copy all those files in your device and do keep a copy of TWRP in the computer.
3. Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “twrp.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder.
4. Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5. Connect your device to the PC, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your S99 in Bootloader Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
› If you get Permission popup in your device then Allow it.
7. Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery.img
8. Now hold Volume Down + Power and while holding the Volume down button, run the command below to reboot into download mode.
9. Then reboot your device to Recovery Mode, then disable encryption data from twrp – advance – file manager, Copy the file fstab.mt6755 to /vendor/etc. Permissions to set Permissions: root.root chmod 644.
10. Now time to flash the Magisk to root the device.
How To Root HOMTOM S99 With Magisk:
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magisk) Download latest Magisk from the download section.
2. Download Magisk zip Copy files to internal storage or SD Card and switches off the device.
3. Hold Volume Up + Power to turn into recovery mode.
4. In TWRP, Tap cancels if TWRP asks for a password to decrypt.
5. Don’t Allow for modifications. Keep read-only.
6. Go To install and navigate to Magisk zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
7. Back and reboot the device.
8. Open the Magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install MagiskManager Apk if the magisk app is missing).
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.