Are you looking for a way to root and TWRP for Redmi 8A? Then you are the right place. Here we share a guide to install TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8A and root Redmi 8A.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 is the latest smartphone launched by Xiaomi in its 8-series. The smartphone looks premium at this price point; this is a low budget device. This device has 6.2 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, and it is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 (12 nm) processor. It comes with 2/3/4GB of RAM. Also, it has 32/64GB onboard storage, which cannot be expanded. It has a Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery. The charging is supported by the Type-C 1.0 reversible connector charge, which promised to charge faster. Here we share “TWRP for Redmi 8A,” which will make it easier to root Redmi 8A.
Install TWRP and Root Redmi 8A
After installing TWRP recovery on the device, you can easily install Magisk on Redmi 8A for root access. Also, you can install custom ROM and custom kernel for better performance. Here we provide TWRP v3.3.1 for Redmi 8A. So let’s go to the steps below to Root Redmi 8A with Magisk and Install TWRP Recovery.
- Charge your device, a minimum of 70%.
- Backup your important data.
- Install Drivers.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Redmi device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- This installation guide is exclusively for Redmi 8A. Don’t use it on other devices.
Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8A
Download other required files:
Steps to install TWRP for Redmi 8A
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool.zip” extract it on a desktop.
3. Then Download TWRP recovery file and copy to adb-fastboot-tool folder.
4. Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool folder by Shift + Mouse Right-click.
5. Connect your device to the PC; make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your device in Fastboot Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Either reboot your device in fastboot mode manually by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power button.
7. Once your device connected in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8.) If you want to boot into TWRP, then power off your device and press Power Button + Volume UP for Approx 10 seconds.
9.) That’s it. If you want to root your device, then follow the guide below.
Steps to Root Redmi 8A
- Transfer the Magisk.zip to your phone if not already done.
- In TWRP, click on the “Install” button.
- Now Navigate and select the Magisk.zip, then Swipe to install.
- After that, go back to TWRP home and select Reboot > System.
- Magisk is already in the system. If you don’t find Magisk manager, then install the latest magisk manager from here as a simple apk.
- That’s it. Now you can enjoy it.
If you have any problems, comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes, etc. like our Facebook page.