Good news for UMIDIGI One Pro & UMIDIGI One Max user official Twrp recovery is now available for your device we have already posted on our blog. The TWRP recovery can be flashable via Sp Flash Tool after that you can flash magisk for rooting the devices. With this guide, you can root UMIDIGI One Android 8.0 and Android 9.0 devices.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting UMIDIGI One devices you can able to mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with the Xposed module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root UMIDIGI One MTK
You can root UMIDIGI One Pro and Max two way via Latest Magisk or SuperSu 2.82. But we will suggest Magisk, Because Magisk is the only Superuser app they giving updates and Support hide rooting. SuperSu is stopped developing on new updates but SuperSu 2.82 support Android 8.0, 7.0, 6.0 phones. So you need latest TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip or SuperSu stock recovery can’t do that. But the device is launched with the locked bootloader so before install twrp recovery you have to unlock bootloader then you can flash twrp on this device. Let’s go to the guide how to unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery for rooting.
- UMIDIGI One Pro, UMIDIGI One Max
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install TWRP recovery on UMIDIGI One Max/Pro device
Download Root files
How To Root UMIDIGI One on Android 8.0+ with Magisk
- Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section and encryption_userdata.zip.
- Download Magsik zip, encryption_userdata.zip Copy files to internal storage or SD Card and switches off the device.
- Hold Volume Up + Power and select Recovery mode from boot menu.
- In TWRP, Tap cancels if TWRP asks for a password to decrypt.
- Don’t Allow for modifications. Keep read-only.
- Make a backup of the files nvram, nvdata, metadata from backup option.
- Go to install and install the encryption_userdata.zip
- Go To Wipe and Format Data.
- Reboot your device into recovery once more time from reboot option.
- Go To install and navigate to magisk zip file ⇒ Swipe To Install.
- Back and reboot the device.
- Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).