Install TWRP recovery and How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)
Finally, the rooting method for Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is here for Exynos variant and Unofficial Twrp Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Exynos variant. That means you can root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Patched Kernel. The rooting method now supports Exynos via magisk. The Patched Kernel is created dr.ketan, without him it not possible to root now also the TWRP for Galaxy Note 9 in testing mode by Albe96. Now we will show you How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with the patched boot and magisk also download link of TWRP for Galaxy Note 9.
Samsung Launched Galaxy Note 9 with two variant one with Exynos 9810 and other is Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. Both devices Launched with Android 8.0 oreo. A few days back xda forum member also released beta TWRP for Galaxy Note 9 Exynos and Rooting method by dr.ketan. We will show you the guide how to install Twrp recovery on Galaxy Note 9 and how to root Galaxy Note 9 with latest magisk.
Galaxy Note 9 Downloads
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting Galaxy Note 9 you can able mod your device, but before starting, the guide after complete backup the device, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove Samsung Experience bloatware, System Apps after Root Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Changing the Samsung Experience fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
- Warranty will be void
- You won’t be able to use Secure Folder/Samsung Pay forever
- May lose OEM unlock option
- Some Banking Apps Also stop working (You can hide root access via Magisk)
Note:- This is method still on experimental mode so do it on your own risk
- Galaxy Note 9 N960F/FD/N (Exynos).
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Samsung Driver
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock on Samsung Device to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
Download TWRP for Galaxy Note 9 & Root Files
latest Odin to flash Patched Kernel and TWRP file.
Download Patched Kerne (Exynos Only): N960F_Kernel_patched.zip
Download Latest Magisk Manager: latest Magisk Manager Stable and Beta Magisk Zip
TWRP for Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos) (experimental): TWRP-126.96.36.199-crownlte.tar
EFS Backup Tool: IMEI_Tool_N9_1.1.apk
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Patched Kernel and Magisk
1. First, read Pre-requisites, Enable OEM Unlock and Download and unzip Patched Kernel zip file.
2. Download Latest Odin from download section And Unzip Odin-v3.*.* and Patched Kernel.tar file.
3. Run Odin3 vx.xx.exe.
4. Switch Off Your Note 9.
5. Turn Your Phone Into Download Mode By Hold Volume Down + Bixby Key + Power.
6. Connect Your Phone To Pc Via USB-C type cable.
7. That Is, Check The Ap Box, Add The Patched Kernel.tar File. Reboot the device
8. Now download and install Magisk Manager Apk and Run it.
9. Tap install on Magisk Manager app to install Magisk binaries and SuperUser.
10. Reboot and Enjoy Rooted Galaxy Note 9
Important:- Like you, no this is an experimental guide but working so better backup EFS file so you can restore it on stable guide or stock firmware if anything happens after root. The TWRP is in beta mode, but you can try it read this guide How To Flash TWRP with Odin for twrp installation.