Discord is a text and voice chat app for gamers that was founded in 2015. It’s free to use, and it includes both a text chat feature and the ability to do voice chats with other gamers. Also, it is available on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Discord has been used by over 150 million gamers since its inception in 2015. While it’s a great platform with a huge number of active followers, it however lacks one particular aspect- themes. The official Discord client has only two themes – Dark mode and Lite mode. But now you can install the custom theme on it. Thankfully, a third-party app that gives you to set theme over the Discord app.
BetterDiscord is a third-party app that brings customization options over the official Discord app. It allows users to install different kinds of themes and also make use of various plugins. As of now, DIscord is focusing on adding more features it also developing a great user experience for the gaming community. Since the app is available on many platforms, they probably decided to leave out the themes section. However, BetterDiscord allows users to customize visually your Discord application. So if you really want to install the theme on Discord then this is the guide for you.
How to Install Themes on Discord
BetterDiscord has more than 200+ themes and more themes are developing and 100+ plugins. Before installing the theme on DIscord, you need to understand that BetterDiscord is a third-party application company. After installing any theme if your discord application is not working then you have to reinstall the Discord application again.
Download BetterDiscord Application
First, go to the BetterDiscord website and download the latest application.
Install the BetterDiscord Application
- Once the application is downloaded, open the application and install it on your PC.
- When the application opens, you have to accept the license agreement to proceed with the installation process. Select the checkbox and click on Next.
- Now you will see a few options, select install BetterDiscord.
- On the next screen, you have to select the type of Discord application you have installed.
- Now click on the install option to install it on your PC.
- Once the installation process has been done you can click on the close button to exit the setup window.
Install Themes from BetterDiscord Application
- Launch Discord application, after launching the first time it shows a popup with new changes that have been made in the update.
- Now click on the Setting icon in the bottom left corner next to your name.
- In the Settings option scroll down and go to the BetterDiscord header.
- In the BetterDiscord header, you will see a few new settings menus such as Custom CSS, Plugins, Themes, etc.
- Then go to the Theme option and click ‘Open Themes Folder’.
- Now you have to download the theme file from BetterDiscord’s website.
- Go to below link and download any theme that you want to install on Discord.
- Once downloaded move the file to the theme folder.
- Again go to the Theme option and you will see all the themes are listed in Discord.
- Simply select it and switch the toggle to On.
- The theme will be instantly applied to your Discord application.
- To uninstall or delete the theme, just click on the red trashcan icon and it will be removed immediately.
- Universal Media Creation Tool Wrapper For Windows 11
- Guide to Install Windows 11 using ISO Image File
If you like this guide, please share it with other communities and forums. Lets us know your thoughts about BetterDiscord’s theme. Also, don’t forget to join our telegram group for more wallpapers, Themes, Ringtones Update – https://getdev.me/telegramdev.