Previous year Google released Pixel 4 with lots of new software features and new apps that give a better user experience. On this update, Google updates there Assistant, and it called Google Assistant 2.0. This new version of Google Assistant works much better than the old one, and some designs have been changed in this version. Here we share a complete guide to install new Google Assistant 2.0 on any Android Device.
Google first announced the second-generation Assistant at Google I/O in May. This event shares some significant improvements to Google Assistant. Perhaps the most crucial change is that the Assistant now works on a huge number of devices. Using the algorithm on the device, the Assistant will be able to respond to many daily commands quickly and easily. Google Assistant has a slightly different look; also, they claim that the new Assistant works 10x faster than the previous generations of the Assistant.
How To Install Google Assistant 2.0 on Any Android
However, this new Assistant brings Continued Conversation features that enable conversation in a continued way without need to shout “Hey Google” again and again. In second-generation Assistant, keep the microphone on for few seconds to check instead you ask anything or not. You have manually change the setting to turn this feature on or off. Also, the new Assistant has been better integrated with a few Google apps.
Note: To install Google Assistant 2.0, you need to root your device with Magisk. This mod comes as a Magisk module so you can easily install it using the Magisk Manager. This mod tested on Pixel Experience ROM, but you can install it on any custom AOSP based ROMs.
- Your device must be rooted in using Magisk.
- Download the listed file from below and follow all the steps carefully.
How To Install new Google Assistant 2.0
- First, open Magisk manager app.
- Then Click on Module then select add an icon on the bottom of the middle screen.
- Now navigate the “coral-10-may.zip” and click on it to install.
- After flashing is finished do not reboot go back and follow the same procedure to flash the file “Magisk hide props conf”.
- Once done install both files, reboot your device.
- Now force stop and clear data of the Google App.
- Then open Google Assistant manually.
- It will prompt you to download the new assistant, and then click “download”, the download will take a while (about 500mb).
- Now try to call the assistant and you must see the new transparent UI of the google assistant. However, as of now, it has not been completed on your phone, please follow the steps below to get it completely.
- Now use any of the root file explorers and copy the downloaded file “GEL.GSAPrefs.xml” to >> data/data/com.google.android.quicksearchbox/shared_prefs and replace it with the older one.
- Go to the properties of the folder “shared_prefs“ Set the permissions of the shared_prefs folder as 551 (dr-xr-x–x).
- Finally, Force stop the Google App once again and that’s it now enjoy.
If you like the guide, please share it with other communities and forums?. Don’t forget to join our telegram group for more Android stuff, wallpapers, Themes, Ringtones Update – https://getdev.me/telegramdev.
More How-to Guides