Finally, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Twrp recovery available for Download and after that the miui forum member created a toolkit to install TWRP Recovery and root the device. The Mi MIX 2 TWRP Flasher Toolkit an easy Toolkit for newbies who never flashed TWRP on their device. With the help of Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 TWRP Flasher Toolkit, you can flash TWRP Recovery On Mi MIX 2 and Root Mi MIX 2 with Magisk. In this post, we will show you how to Install TWRP Recovery On Mi MIX 2 with this tool and How To Root Mi MIX 2 with Magisk Super User.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting Mi MIX 2 you can able mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove MIUI bloatware, System Apps after Root the Mi MIX 2. Changing the MIUI fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
Mi MIX 2 Downloads ⇒
How to Root Mi MIX 2 MIUI 10 and 9
The only way to Root Mi MIX 2 is via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment their app and SuperSu 2.82 doesn’t support MIUI 10. So you need latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with the Xiaomi official bootloader unlock tool we have posted the guide for that.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Xiaomi Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 ⇒ Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Mi & Redmi
- Download The Toolkit and Latest Magisk Read Guide.
Download Mi MIX 2 TWRP Flasher Toolkit and Magisk
TWRP Toolkit ⇒ TWRP-FLASHER-MI-MIX-2.zip (Official TWRP V184.108.40.206)
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Mi MIX 2 with TWRP Flasher.
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock the bootloader, Download TWRP Flasher Toolkit, and magisk.
2. Switch Off your device and Hold Volume Down + Power to Turn Into bootloader mode, Connect your device to the and Run “Flash.bat”
3. Follow the tool instructions and press any key to continue flashing.
4. Once TWRP flash is done, you can go to the root process, or you can flash any custom ROMs.[bs-white-space]
How To Root Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 MIUI 10 or MIUI 9
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 6.0 will fix Encryption issue so first flash this zip then Magsik
3. Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip and Magsik zip Copy both files to internal storage or SD Card and switch off the device.
4. Turn your phone into TWRP Recovery by Hold Volume Up + Power (The twrp flasher toolkit will auto reboot your device into recovery mode after flashing the TWRP).
5. In TWRP, Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
6. Go To install and navigate to no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip ⇒ Swipe To Install, Then install Magsik zip.
7. Back and reboot the device.
8. Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).