Finally, Huawei P20 Lite Unofficial TWRP has been released By kilroystyx and its time for rooting and customize the Huawei P20 Lite. We already have written Huawei P20 and P20 Pro Root method with magisk and now we will show you Huawei P20 Lite Root Guide. The TWRP 3.2.1-0 by kilroystyx its still on under development but its support flashing zip files Notch Friendly TWRP recovery for Huawei P20 Lite. In this guide, we will show you how to root Huawei P20 Lite and install TWRP recovery via fastboot.
Move To Table
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting Huawei P20 Lite you can able mod your device, but start the guide after complete backup the device, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove EMUI bloatware, System Apps after Huawei P20 Lite Root. Changing the EMUI fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root Huawei P20 Lite
The only way to Root Huawei P20 Lite is via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment their app and SuperSu 2.82 doesn’t support EMUI 8.0. So you need latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. Huawei Has stop providing the bootloader unlock code from their website, So now you have to get the code via mail at mobile@Huawei.com & firstname.lastname@example.org or customer support or using the paid tool. Once you get the code, you are ready for rooting and installing twrp.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Huawei Driver
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock Bootloader the bootloader of Huawei P20 Lite to flash twrp ⇒ Method 1 Official / Method 2 Paid.
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
Download TWRP recovery for Huawei P20 and Magisk
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ Latest Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools
Huawei P20 Lite Root and TWRP installation Guide
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, TWRP, and magisk.
2. Connect your device to the pc copy TWRP file to ADB & fastboot folder or use System Wide fastboot/ADB method.
3. Now open command promotes to the TWRP folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one.
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode or you can do manually by hold Volume Down + Connect USB cable.
- This one will flash twrp recovery on your device.
4. Reboot the device by hold power button or fastboot reboot command.
Flash Magsik and Get Root Access
- Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash Magsik Download any one of Magsik from the download section.
- Copy the Magsik zip to internal storage or SD Card and switch of the device.
- Turn your phone into TWRP Recovery by Hold Volume Up + Power (Release Power Key after Android Logo or Huawei Logo).
- In TWRP, do not allow for modifications. tap on “Keep Read Only”
- Go To install and navigate to magisk zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
- Back and reboot the device.
- Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).
We hope you like the guide we have written with complete instruction and screenshot. If you still don’t understand how to root your Huawei P20 Lite just comment below we will surely help you 🙂