Previous year OnePlus launched OnePlus 7 Pro with edge screen display. In this device, OnePlus pushed Edge Lighting features for notification. Most of the latest Oneplus device didn’t come with notification LED, so this feature help lot to the users, and it looks awesome. Unfortunately, old OnePlus flagship devices don’t get this feature via update. Today we share a guide to enable “Edge Lighting” / “Horizon Lights” notification feature on OnePlus 6T.
For users who are not familiar with Horizon Light, OnePlus designed this feature to display pulses on both sides of the display when a notification is received. The edge Lighting functionality is available on all OnePlus phones that come with a curved screen. That means this feature is officially accessible on OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T Pro, and the OnePlus 8 Pro.
Enable Edge Lighting / Horizon Lights on OnePlus 6T
Thanks to XDA Senior Member, ‘mcdachpappe’ has created this beautiful Edge Lighting / Horizon Lights notification mod for the OnePlus 6T. This mod comes as a Magisk module, so root access needed on your device to use it. It replaces the stock system UI APK with a modified one. As per now, there is no interface for the mod, so you cant change the default lighting frequency, color, etc. When a notification arrives, the lights will light up five times per notification. The color of the Lights will show up in App-icon color, which generates the notification, e.g., Whatsapp: green lights, Facebook: blue lights, etc. Let’s see how to enable OxygenOS’s Horizon Light notification feature on the OnePlus 6T.
- Your device must be rooted with Magisk (Version: Magisk v20.4 or higher).
- Enable Ambient display notifications [Settings – Display – Ambient Display – New notifications]
- Your device must be running on OxygenOS 10.
- Download EdgeLighting Mod from below.
Download file Note:
There have two type of mods, download mod as per your requirement.
- “normal” : EdgeLighting / HorizonLights only
- “black-qs”: EdgeLighting / HorizonLights + black statusbar / notification backgrounds [on dark system theme]
Download Horizon Lights Mod For OnePlus 6T
Enable Edge Lighting notification on OnePlus 6T
- Download EdgeLighting_V2-OP6T-OOS10.3.5.zip and copy its internal storage to the Magisk folder.
- Now open Magisk manager app.
- Go to download option and search “Overlay Mount Fix“, then install it.
- Then click on Module then select add (+) icon on the bottom of the middle screen.
- After that navigate the EdgeLighting_V2-OP6T-OOS10.3.5.zip and click on it to install.
- Once done, reboot your device and enjoy it.
If you want to uninstall:
- Just remove the module from Magisk and reboot to uninstall this mod.
You may also like:
If you like the guide, please share it with other communities and forums?. Don’t forget to join our telegram group for more Android stuff, wallpapers, Themes, Ringtones Update – https://getdev.me/telegramdev.