Most of the users and developers prefer to use the Odin Flash tool for installing firmware in Samsung devices. Samsung has developed Odin, but it works only on the Windows platform. Odin doesn’t support Mac and Linux OS Platforms. However, Heimdall Tool is a cross-platform open-source tool suite that is used to flash your Samsung Android devices. So, the Heimdall tool support on Mac and Linux platforms and versions. This is a huge benefit for all users who have a Mac or Linux system. Here we share a complete guide to downloading Heimdall Flash tool to flash Firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices.
Heimdall Flash Tool helps to unbrick your Samsung phone, also has some features like a hard reset, flash the stock firmware, flash a custom recovery such as TWRP, and much more. Heimdall also can help you to root your device by flashing CF-Root kernels.
Thanks to the glassechidna.com.au developer’s team to build this awesome tool for every platform. Let’s check how the Heimdall tool works and how much compatible with Samsung devices.
What is Heimdall?
Heimdall can be used on your Windows, MAC, and Linux platforms. This is a cross-platform open-source program used to flash firmware files for Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Why Is Heimdall Better Than Odin?
One of the main reasons is that Odin is not compatible with MAC and Linux platforms. But Heimdall is compatible with all platforms. Another advantage of the Heimdall tool is that the Odin tool leaks software that is sometimes not supported by some Samsung devices. This may cause errors or boot loop problems. Therefore, you can use Heimdall, it is better. You can say this is an Odin flash tool alternative.
Heimdall tool for Windows
The Heimdall suite for the Windows operating system includes – Heimdall command-line tool, Heimdall front-end GUI and Samsung USB driver.
- File Name: Heimdall-suite-1.4.0win32.zip
- Size: 9.54 MB
- Compatibility: Windows 10/7/8/7
- System architecture supported: 32-bit and 64-bit
Download Heimdall for macOS (Samsung Odin for Mac)
The Heimdall suite for macOS includes – Heimdall command-line tool, Heimdall Frontend GUI, and Codeless text (alternative driver).
- File Name: heimdall-suite-1.4.0-mac.dmg
- Size: 6.96 MB
Download Heimdall for Linux (Samsung Odin for Linux)
The Heimdall suite for the Linux platform includes – The heimdall command line package, Heimdall frontend package.
Steps to use Heimdall Tool:
- First, install the Samsung driver and download the latest firmware using SamFirm or Frija downloader for your Galaxy device.
- Now turn off your Samsung phone.
- Then download Heimdall tool and open it on your desktop.
- Now turn your phone into download mode by holding volume down + Bixby key + power.
- For mid-range Galaxy devices, hold volume up + volume down + power key.
- Press the volume up to acknowledge the warning, then the phone will turn into download mode.
- Heimdall will auto-detect your device.
- After that, go to the Flash option, select the PIT file from the firmware folder, select the file type, and add all files (one by one). [System, Data, Cache, etc.]
- Now, click the Start button to begin the installation process.
- Once done, a success message will be printed in the status box.
- Disconnect your phone and turn it on.
I hope everyone can easily download the Heimdall tool to flash the firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices. If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know in the comments section below. We are happy to help you.
For more tools and Android updates Don’t forget to join our telegram group for more wallpapers, Themes, and Ringtones Update – https://getdev.me/telegramdev.