Samsung opened the latest ONE UI 5.0 with Android 13 beta testing for Samsung users in early August month. Samsung Galaxy S21 and S22 series users received the update by joining the beta program. Many users installed the beta update and faced many problems like animation, and slow performance issues. If you are one of the users who face this issue in the One UI 5.0 Beta program, then here is the solution to rollback One UI 4.1 or One UI 4.0. Here is the full guide on how to Rollback One UI 5.0 Beta to One UI 4.1 Stable Version in Samsung devices.
The official rollback guide is very easy as Samsung provided in their blog. Just you have to Withdrawal as a beta tester from the Samsung Members app and you have to use the Smart Switch application to downgrade to the old version. There is another solution for downgrading to old One UI 4.1 but it may void the device warranty. You can install the old One UI 4.1 firmware by downloading it and flashing it via the Samsung Odin tool we have a guide for that on our blog.
One UI 5.0 Beta Program
Samsung announced the One UI 5.0 beta program in August month Samsung users can join the beta program from the Samsung Members app. The eligible device are Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra. Samsung Added many new features in One UI 5.0 like a new animation feature, Enhanced Language and Sound Settings, and Tailored Look and Feel. Samsung also Enhanced camera capabilities and security resources in the latest update. And the One UI 5.0 with Android 13 One UI 5.0 has introduced a new customization option to enjoy a new theming experience.
Before rolling back to the Stable Version make sure you have followed the prerequisite.
- Backup Complete phone data contacts, photos, gallery, WhatsApp data, and internal storage data.
- Complete charge your device and make sure there is a minimum 50% battery left on your device.
- Make sure there is enough free space on your device to download the stable update.
- Install smarts witch App on your PC – WINDOWS | MAC OS
- Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging on your device – Enable USB Debugging on Samsung Android Devices
How to Rollback from One UI 5.0 Beta to One UI 4.1 Stable Version
Here is the official guide to leaving the One UI 5.0 Beta program and Rollback to a stable One UI 4.0+ version.
1. Switch on your device Open the Samsung Members app from the home screen and tap on the there-dot menu to open settings.
2. Now tap on One UI Beta Program status, and then the Withdrawal button, and tap Next.
3. Samsung will ask the reason for your rollback, mark any of the available reasons on the app, or tap other.
4. Submit the reason and tap on Confirm, a confirmation message will come
You’ve withdrawn from One UI beta program now go to the next step.
5. Now install the smart switch app on your PC or Laptop and run the program.
6. Enable USB Debugging on your device and Connect your phone to the PC through USB.
7. Now Prepare a complete Backup in the Smart Switch application and follow all the steps.
8. Select the Downgrade option and follow the steps.
9. Wait for completing the process, the device will auto reboot after it has been done.
- Once the device reboots completely then set up the phone and restore old data.
- If this guide not working for you then you can still downgrade your device using the Samsung Odin app follow the guide on Samsung Odin.
Leave a Reply