Asus Zenfone 6 is the latest flagships killer device from Asus. Before launching Zenfone 6 (2019) in India, Delhi court blocks ASUS from selling products under the Zen or ZenFone brands. So Asus launched Asus Zenfone 6 as Asus 6z. These devices come with the latest ZenUI 6 based on Android Pie (9.0). Less than a couple of month since launching an XDA developer build TWRP for Asus 6z. After install TWRP you can easily root your device with magisk also, install various types of mods and many others module. Today we share a guide to install TWRP Recovery on Asus 6z.
As we all know, Asus 6z is the best camera smartphone that you can buy in the market as of now. It comes with all new 6.4 inches OLED display, Snapdragon 855, Motorized flip-up main camera module setup which conquered 98 DXOMark, Full display with Full HD+ resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection and many more. If you have bought this phone, then you can now install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM using TWRP Recovery.
TWRP Recovery For Asus 6z / Asus Zenfone 6 (2019)
Before doing all those processes first, need to unlock the bootloader of your Asus device. Without unlocking the bootloader you can’t install TWRP in your device. First, unlock the bootloader of your device then follow the guide below to install TWRP on Asus Zenfone 6 (2019). After installing TWRP you can tweak the system settings to increase device performance or customize. Here we provide TWRP v3.3.1 for Asus 6z. So let’s go to the steps below to Download and install TWRP Recovery for Asus 6z.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install Asus Driver.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Asus device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- This installation guide is exclusively for Asus 6z. Don’t use it on other devices.
Download Asus 6z TWRP Recovery
Download other required files:
- ADB Tool: ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- Download Magisk from Here.
Install TWRP For Asus 6z
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all files from above. Then copy installer Recovery in your device and do keep Recovery.img and all files in the computer.
3. Rename TWRP recovery file to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool folder.
4. Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5. Connect your device to the PC, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your Asus 6z in Bootloader Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
› If you get Permission popup in your device then Allow it.
7. Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery temporarily.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8. This will install the TWRP temporarily. Now boot into TWRP Recovery.
9. Then click the Advanced menu and select “Install Recovery Ramdisk”
10. Now choose “installer Recovery.img” file which you have moved to internal storage to install TWRP permanently in your device.
11. Once done click on Reboot system button to restart the device.
12. That’s it, now enjoy TWRP features.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.
Leave a Reply