Good news for OnePlus user TWRP for OnePlus Nord is now available for your device created by xda developer mauronofrio it means you can root the device. The device needs to unlock the bootloader to boot twrp recovery you can use the defaults bootloader unlock code fastboot OEM unlock to unlock the device, you can read our unlock bootloader guide on unlocking OnePlus Bootloader. The twrp recovery is still in development mode, but you can flash magisk with it and root the device. We will show you How To Root OnePlus Nord Devices with TWRP Recovery and Magisk.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting the OnePlus Nord series phone you can able mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module, and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root OnePlus Nord with TWRP Recovery
The only way to Root OnePlus Nord is via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment of their app and SuperSu doesn’t support Android 11. So you need the latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Guide.
- OnePlus Nord, Nord 5G, OnePlus Nord N100
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install OnePlus Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock OnePlus phone bootloader ⇒ How To Unlock OnePlus Phone Bootloader
- Download TWRP file Latest Magisk and ADB-Fastboot Tool Read Guide.
Download TWRP for OnePlus Nord & Root Files, ADB Tool
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
TWRP for OnePlus Nord ⇒ twrp-3.4.0-13-avicii-mauronofrio.img
Root Files ⇒ Latest Magisk
How To Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus Nord
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, and TWRP Recovery.
- Download TWRP file any one of them and rename it to recovery.img.
2. Connect your device to the pc and copy TWRP file to ADB & fastboot folder.
3. Now open command promotes to the ADB & fastboot folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and types the command one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
4. This command will install TWRP recovery on OnePlus Nord phone for permanently Don’t reboot the device instead boot the device into twrp recovery mode and go to the root step with this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
5. You can boot TWRP Recovery with this command.
fastboot boot recovery.img
How To Root OnePlus Nord with Magisk
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Download Magsik zip Copy files to internal storage or SD Card.
3. In TWRP, Tap cancels if TWRP asks for a password to decrypt.
4. Don’t Allow for modifications. Keep read-only.
5. Go To install and navigate to Magsik zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
6. Back and reboot the device.
7. Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).
More Rooting Guides ⇒