We are finally writing the guide how to Root Honor 9 Install Twrp 3.1.1 Recovery on Honor 9 EU and Chinese Version. Huawei Honor 9 launched on June 2017 in Eu and China. The Honor 9 Honor’s this year flagships device to take OnePlus 5, Nubia Z17 and others 2017 flagships phones. We already posted Nubia Z17 and OnePlus 5 rooting Twrp guides. Who wants to root their Honor 9 device with Magisk and installing TWRP 3.1.1 recovery with the guide. Here how to unlock bootloader install TWRP 3.1.1 and root Honor 9 EMUI 5.1 Android 7.0.
Move To Table
Huawei Android phones always released with locked bootloader and bloatware, so Huawei Honor 9 released with locked bootloader and bloatware. Afte rooting the device, you can remove bloatware Stock apps, and you can also customize your device in Android 7.0. Twrp recovery will help you to install custom ROM’s mods viper4android, Xposed framework, and other mods.
This guide helps you to Install TWRP 3.1.1 Recovery and Root Honor 9 EMUI 5.1 Android 7.0 with Magisk manager. The current version TWRP recovery now in beta mode by OpenKirin team it will work both EU and Chinese version Honor 9.
STF-L09, STF-AL00, STF-TL10, STF-AL10, STF-L**
- Charge Your Device.
- Backup Phone Apps, Contacts, SMS.
- Unlock Bootloader Guide=> How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Phones Official Method
- Required Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1.
- Enable developer options.
Go To Settings -> About Phone -> Tap On “Build Number” 7 Times To Enable Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging.
Go To Your Settings -> Developer Options -> Tick The “Usb Debugging” Checkbox .
- Enable OEM Unlock.
Go To Your Settings -> Developer Options -> Tick The“Oem Unlock” Check box
- Install Huawei Driver Link->.
- Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2016.zip” TWRP and latest magisk “Magisk-v1*.*.zip” file and “MagiskManager-v5.*.*.apk“.
- Read Guide.
⇓⇓ Downloads ⇓⇓
Recovery: – twrp-3.1.1-0-stf.img
Guide To Install Twrp 3.1 Recovery On Honor 9:-
1.) First Read Preparation, Unlock The Bootloader Download Required Files.
2.) Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2016.zip” unzip it Download TWRP recovery.
3.) Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “twrp-3.1.1-0-stf.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2016 Folder.
4.) Open cmd windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2016 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5.) Connect your phone to PC.
6.) Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to reboot your phone into bootloader (FASTBOOT) mode.
adb reboot bootloader
7.) Flash TWRP recovery by this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8.) Reboot the device.
- Now go to the root step.
Guide To Root Honor 9 EMUI 5.1:-
Note:- All phone data will erase backup your phone data before root
Take Boot.img backup From TWRP Recovery Backup Option before flash Magisk-v1*.*.zip.
- Download latest magisk “Magisk-v1*.*.zip” and MagiskManager.apk copy it to the phone.
- Install MagiskManager.apk, Don’t open.
- Turn off your phone and turn on to recovery mode By Volume Up + Power.
- Select Language English allow “Swipe to Allow Modifications” in TWRP recovery.
- Go to Install Navigate to “Magisk-v1*.*.zip” Swipe to install.
- Go To TWRP Recovery Wipe Option Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Back to TWRP Main Menu go to Reboot then Select SYSTEM to reboot into Normal Mode (DO NOT INSTALL TWRP APP).
- Open the MagiskManager app to get root access.
Restore Boot.img from TWRP Recovery if Navigation Key Not Working.
Here is some Mod You can Install Now:-
- [Audio Mod] Project APOLLO Sound Mod With V4a + Dolby + Beats Audio and Others
- Enable YouTube Red and Background Playback with Lucky Patcher
Recommended for You:-
- Guide To Install TWRP Recovery And Root LG V20
- Download Huawei Honor 9 Stock Themes Extracted From EMUI 5.1
- Guide To Install TWRP Recovery And Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1
- Guide To Root Huawei P10 Lite Install TWRP Recovery
Share This Post To Your Friends And Comment Bellow
Like Huawei Dev – https://www.facebook.com/HuaweiDev