After a long wait, Xiaomi Redmi Y2/S2 finally get Android 9 Pie update. Since the Redmi S2 is essentially the same as Redmi Y2. In India, it called Redmi Y2 and globally named as Redmi S2. The update is currently in beta mode, Xiaomi Redmi Y2/S2 user can install the firmware manually via recovery and fastboot. Redmi Y2 Android 9 Pie beta comes with MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 10.3.2.0 version. We will share the ROM link both fastboot and recovery update file and how to install it on your device.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 marks the debut of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625, which offers the best camera smartphone in this budget segment. Battery life is very good thanks to the 3080 mAh battery. Camera quality is good but could have been better. The 5.99-inch display offers an HD resolution and is great for multimedia use.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Android 9 Pie MIUI 10
The update is a beta version its not released via OTA update but you can install via Recovery mode or via fastboot using MI flash tool. Today Redmi S2 has received a stable Android Pie update in China. We can expect the update to be available in India soon. You can easily install this update on Redmi Y2, but you can’t get (pre-installed) Google service. The MIUI 10 Global Beta 10.3.2.0 for the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 comes with a weight of about 1.45 GB and you can download it from the below link.
Download MIUI 10 based on Android Pie for Xiaomi Redmi Y2 and Redmi S2
Install Android Pie ROM on Redmi Y2 via Recovery Mode
- First complete backup your device data SMS, gallery, apps before starting the update.
- Download The recovery rom zip file on your pc or on your device.
- Connect your device to pc and create a folder “downloaded_rom” on your device internal storage and copy the full rom to the folder.
- Launch “Settings” app on your Redmi Y2/S2, tap on “About phone”, tap on “System update”, then tap the “three dots” icon at the top-right corner.
- Tap on “choose update package“. Select the ROM file you’ve copied on “downloaded_rom” folder.
- After selecting the ROM file, your device will start the upgrading. Your device should automatically boot to the new version when the update is done.
Other methods: You can also update the recovery file using stock recovery or Custom Recovery, Simply turn on your device into recovery mode by Volume Up + Power Key and update the zip file from Install zip option.
You may also like ⇒
That’s it now you can enjoy the latest Android Pie with MiUI 10 on your device.
Leave a Reply