Moto has launched a new mid-range smartphone called the Moto G 5G. This device comes with 5G connectivity, good specifications and camera performance in this segment. If you don’t know how to root a Moto device easily using magisk, then this guide might be for you. This article will help you to root Moto G 5G with Magisk Patched Boot Image by following the steps below.
The Moto G 5G features 6.7 inches LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. This device is powered by a 2.2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm) processor. Moto G 5G comes with 4/6 GB RAM with 64/128 GB of inbuilt storage. You can get Android 10 with Stock UI experience. Also, this device is powered by a 5000 mAh battery. On the rare, Moto G 5G packs a 48-megapixel + 8-megapixel camera + 2-megapixel camera. It sports a 16-megapixel camera on the front for selfies. To maximize its performance and get control of system files, the root is necessary for your device. Magisk one of the best tool to root Android device. Here we are going to share a secure method to install the official Magisk on Moto G 5G.
How To Root Moto G 5G
After rooting Moto G 5G you can get some extra benefits. Also, you can install many Magisk modules like Mod, font, theme to increase your device performance. But before starting to process backup of your device data, it wipes full storage and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device.
Here we share a complete guide to “Root Moto G 5G” without TWRP recovery. Before starting the process, makes sure your device bootloader must be unlocked. First, we will create a patched boot.img using Magisk manager then flash this boot.img.tar using ADB Fastboot Tool to root. If you have Moto G 5G and you want to install root your smartphone. Then read the full guide to make it easier.
- Before starting the rooting process, do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock on Realme Device to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Enable OEM Unlock (unlock bootloader).
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
Download Moto G 5G Root Files
Guide to Root Moto G 5G with Magisk
- Download stock firmware for your device. (Version should be similar on which your phone is running)
- Then extract it and copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Now install the ‘Magisk Manager‘ apk on your device and open it.
- In Magisk Manager, Open Settings ⇒ Patched Boot Output Format and select “.img.tar“.
- After that back to Magisk home and select “Install ⇒ Install ⇒ select and patch file” option.
- Now select the boot.img file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy the “magisk_patched.img” to adb-fastboot-tool folder on your desktop.
- Open cmd windows in “adb-fastboot-tool” folder by Shift + Mouse Right-click.
- Connect your device to the PC; make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Now Reboot your device in Fastboot Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Either reboot your device in fastboot mode manually.
- Once your device connected in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then Paste below command to Reboot phone.
- After reboot, you can test for root access.
If you have any problems, comment below, also, for more updates on stuff like Mods, wallpapers, themes etc. like our Facebook page.