How To Root Samsung Galaxy A20 with Magisk Patched Boot Image
Are you looking for a way to root Galaxy A20? Then you are the right place. To maximize its performance and get control of system files, you can root your device. Magisk is the perfect way to root your Android device, and here we share a secure method to install the official Magisk on Samsung Galaxy A20. This article will help you to root Samsung Galaxy A20 with Magisk Patched Boot Image by following these steps below.
Samsung has released many A-series devices with good cameras and specifications. The Samsung Galaxy A20 is one of the best mid-range phones. After rooting the Galaxy A20, you get some extra benefits. You can install many Magisk modules such as mod, fonts, and themes to improve device performance. XDA developer physwizz has shared a simple trick to create Magisk Patched Boot and using its root Galaxy A20.
Way To Root Samsung Galaxy A20
Before installing Magisk on Samsung Galaxy A20 smartphones, you’ll have to unlock the bootloader on your device. Also, you should note that Magisk will trip Knox, and, when installing it for the first time, you’ll have to perform a full data wipe. Therefore, you should back up your data before installing Magisk.
Here we share a complete guide to “Root Galaxy A20” without TWRP recovery. First, we will create a patched boot.img using Magisk canary then flash this boot.img.tar using ODIN Tool to root. If you have Samsung Galaxy A20 and you want to install root your smartphone. Then read the full guide to make it easier.
- Before starting the rooting process, do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Samsung Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock on Samsung Device to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Make sure the device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
Download Samsung Galaxy A20 Root Files
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy A20 On Andorid Pie
- Download Stock Firmware for your device. (Version should be similar on which your phone is running)
- Then extract it and copy the AP tar file to your device.
- Now install the ‘MagiskManager.apk‘ on your device and open it.
- In Magisk Manager, Open Settings ⇒ Patched Boot Output Format and select “.img.tar.”
- After that, back to Magisk home and select the “Install ⇒ Install ⇒ select and patch file” option.
- Now select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy the “magisk_patched.tar” on your desktop.
- After that, download Odin and extract Odin-v3.*.* and run Odin3 vx.xx.exe.
- Then Switch Off your device.
- Turn your device into Download Mode By (Power + Volume Up).
Keep Pressing Volume Up to acknowledge the warning Then Phone Will Turn Download Mode
- Again Connect your phone with PC via USB.
- ODIN will detect your device.
- Uncheck Auto Reboot from Option.
- That is, check the AP Box, select the ‘magisk_patched.tar‘ file.
- Like the Screenshot:
- Now click Start Button on ODIN to begin the installation process.
- Once done, you’ll see PASS! Message on ODIN after that Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press Power + Volume Up and hold Volume Up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
- When you are in Stock Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset to wipe full data of the device. (mandatory)
- Now select the “Reboot system now” and immediately press Power + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Release all buttons.
- That’s it. Now you can enjoy all the root features on your device.
Keep mind those things before boot your device:
- System with no Magisk ⇒ Powering up normally.
- System with Magisk ⇒ Power + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Release all buttons.
- Stock recovery ⇒ Power + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Keep holding volume up.
If you have any problems, do comment below, also, for more updates on stuff like Mods, wallpapers, themes, etc. like our Facebook page.