Asus launched their latest gaming budget smartphone called Asus ROG phone 5. The device comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor with 8GB RAM. Also, the device brings a 6.78 inch AMOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate display. If you want to customize your device then this guide is for you. Here we share a guide to root Asus ROG phone 5.
It is quite easy to root Asus ROG phone 5 but you need to unlock bootloader. This is the first and most important step to gain root user access on any Android smartphone. After unlock bootloader of Asus ROG phone 5, you can install a custom recovery such as TWRP and root.
Here we will use the ADB Flash tool and Magisk to root the device. It means you can root Asus ROG phone 5 without TWRP Recovery. To maximize its performance and get control of system files you can root your device. Also, you can install many Magisk modules like the custom mod, font, theme to increase your device performance. But before starting to process backup of your device data, it wipes full storage and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, Internal Storage Files.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Nokia Device to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG phone 5
- Download and install ASUS unlock app from here.
- Once installed open the app and scroll down below.
- Click on agree and enter your lock screen pin.
- Your phone should now restart and you should see a warning message like unlocked bootloader.
Guide to Root Asus ROG phone 5
- Download the latest firmware zip from Asus website (direct link) to Version WW-18.0830.2101.86.
- Then extract firmware.zip and copy the boot.img file to your device.
- Now install the ‘Magisk app‘ on your device and open it.
- After that select “Install ⇒ Install ⇒ select and patch file” option.
- Now select boot.img file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img.
- Download “adb-fastboot-tool.zip” extract it on a desktop.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy the “magisk_patched_[random_strings].img” on your desktop in ADB folder.
- Now rename the “magisk_patched_[random_strings].img” to “boot.img“.
- Open cmd windows in “adb-fastboot-tool” folder by Shift + Mouse Right-click.
- Turn your device into Fastboot Mode and connect your phone with PC via USB.
- Using Volume Down + Power buttons. Either use below method (Optional).
- Connect your device with PC and enter the below command to boot to fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to Patched Boot Image.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- The above command will flash Magisk on your phone.
- Reboot your phone and open Magisk Manager to manage root access and features.
- If you can’t find Magisk app then install Magisk Manager APK (as simple apk).
- That’s it now you can enjoy all the root features on your device.
If you have any problems do comment below. Don’t forget to join our telegram group for more wallpapers, Themes, Ringtones Update – https://getdev.me/telegramdev.