OnePlus 7 Pro is the latest flagships killer device from OnePlus and the best Phone of 2019 so far. These devices come with the latest OxygenOS 9 based on Android Pie (9.0). Less than a couple of month since launching an XDA developer build TWRP for OnePlus 7 Pro. After install TWRP you can easily root your device with magisk also, install various types of mods and many others module. Yesterday we showed how to root OnePlus 7 Pro with TWRP recovery. But today we share a guide to root using TWRP on OnePlus 7 Pro.
Install Official TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 7 Pro and Root
Before doing all those processes first, need to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus device. Without unlocking the bootloader you can’t install TWRP in your device. First, unlock the bootloader of your device then follow the guide below to install TWRP on OnePlus 7 Pro. and Root OnePlus 7 Pro with the help of TWRP custom Recovery.
After installing TWRP you can tweak the system settings to increase device performance or customize. In this post, we will root with the help of Magisk. After root your device you can easily use root-enabled apps, mods, for additional features. Already lots of mods, custom ROMs is available for this device so don’t waste time if you want to customize. Here we provide official TWRP v3.3.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro. So let’s go to the steps below to Download and install TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Unlock Bootloader – Unlock OnePlus Phone Bootloader
- Install OnePlus Driver.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on OnePlus device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- This installation guide is exclusively for OnePlus 7 Pro. Don’t use it on other devices.
Download OnePlus 7 Pro TWRP Recovery
Download other required files:
Install Official TWRP For OnePlus 7 Pro
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all files from above. Then copy all those files in your device and do keep a copy of TWRP in the computer.
3. Rename TWRP recovery file to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool folder.
4. Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5. Connect your device to the PC, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your OnePlus 7 Pro in Bootloader Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
› If you get Permission popup in your device then Allow it.
7. Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery temporarily.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8. This will install the TWRP temporarily. Now boot into TWRP Recovery.
9. Now flash the TWRP Recovery flashable zip file which you have moved to internal storage.
10. Then click the install button and select “twrp.img” to install TWRP permanently in your device.
11. Once done click on Reboot system button to restart the device.
12. That’s it to install TWRP. If you want to Root OnePlus 7 Pro then follow the guide below.
Steps to Root OnePlus 7 Pro with TWRP
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume UP + Power.
- Go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.