Are you looking for a way to root and TWRP for ROG Phone 2? Then you are the right place. Here we share a guide to install TWRP Recovery for Asus ROG Phone 2 and root ROG Phone 2 .
Asus ROG 2 is a perfect gaming smartphone. ROG Phone_2 is the world’s first phone with ASUS Aura RGB lighting, featuring an illuminated rear ROG logo. The ROG Phone has 6.59 inches AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. It has a display of 1080 x 2340 pixel Resolution. It comes with the 2.96GHz octa-core (1×2.96GHz + 4×1.8GHz) processor and it comes with 12GB of RAM. Also, it has 256/512 GB of Internal storage. Asus ROG Phone 2 sports Dual: 12+08-Megapixel rare camera with LED flash, panorama, HDR and 08-megapixels front camera for a selfie. Runs on the Android 8.1 OREO. It has Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery. The sensor has Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Recommended For You: Root Redmi 8A and Install TWRP Recovery
Install TWRP and Root ROG Phone 2
After installing TWRP recovery on the device, you can easily install magisk on ROG Phone 2 for root access. Also, you can install custom ROM and custom kernel for better performance. Here we provide TWRP v3.3.1 for Asus ROG Phone 2. So let’s go to the steps below to Root ROG Phone 2 with Magisk and Install TWRP Recovery.
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
- Charge your device, a minimum of 70%.
- Backup your important data.
- Install Drivers.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Realme device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
So you have now unlocked the bootloader. After so much of patience for bootloader unlocking, so let’s go for installation of the TWRP recovery. Firstly, download the TWRP Recovery from the link below.
RECOVERY PROVIDED WILL WORK ON ANDROID 10 ONLY!
Download TWRP Recovery for ROG Phone 2
Download other required files:
Download TWRP recovery, recovery installer and Magisk to your Phone storage. Then follow the below steps.
Steps to install TWRP for ROG Phone 2
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool.zip” extract it on a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all files from above. Then copy all those files in your device and do keep a copy of TWRP on the computer.
3. Rename TWRP recovery file to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool folder.
4. Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool folder by Shift + Mouse Right-click.
5. Connect your device to the PC; make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your device in Fastboot Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once your device connected in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to boot TWRP recovery.
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img
8.) This will boot your phone into TWRP Recovery. Now here comes the main part. In the TWRP recovery go to
Install–>browse for TWRP Installer ZIP–>Select the zip–>Swipe to Flash.
11.) Don’t reboot the smartphone!! Again go to
Install–>Navigate to Magisk ZIP File–>Swipe to flash.
This will flash the Magisk and will get your root access. DON’T FORGET TO FLASH MAGISK!!
Done now, you have successfully installed TWRP and rooted Asus ROG Phone 2. Enjoy the custom ROM’s and MODs.
More Device Guides:
If you have any problems, comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes, etc. like our Facebook page. Join our telegram channel t.me/gizdev and also don’t forget to follow our Instagram page instagram.com/gizdev_official.