Good news for Moto Z2 Play user Unofficial Twrp recovery is now available for Moto Z2 Play created by xda forum member it means you can root the device. Motorola also listed Moto Z2 Play on their bootloader unlock website so that you can unlock the bootloader too, you can unlock bootloader from Motorola developer website we have the guide for this. The twrp recovery is still in development mode, but you can flash magisk with it and root the device. We will show you How To install TWRP Recovery on Moto Z2 Play and How to Root Moto Z2 Play with magisk.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting Moto Z2 Play series phone you can able mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root Moto Z2 Play
The only way to Root Moto Z2 Play via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment their app and SuperSu 2.82 doesn’t support Oreo. So you need latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Guide.
- Moto Z2 Play, Moto Z Play 2th Gen Oreo, Nougat
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Moto Driver, or try Motorola PC Suite.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock Moto Z2 Play bootloader ⇒ How To Unlock Bootloader Of Motorola Phones
- Download TWRP file Latest Magisk and ADB-Fastboot Tool Read Guide.
Download TWRP for Moto Z2 Play and Root Files, ADB Tool
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
Unofficial TWRP ⇒ twrp-3.2.3-0-albus.img
Root Files ⇒ Latest Magisk
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Moto Z2 Play
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, and TWRP Recovery.
- Download TWRP file any one of them and rename it to recovery.img.
2. Connect your device to the pc copy TWRP file to ADB & fastboot folder.
3. Now open command promotes to the ADB & fastboot folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one.
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode.
5. This command will install TWRP recovery on Moto Z2 Play Don’t reboot the device instead boot the device into twrp recovery mode and go to the root step with this command.
How To Root Moto Z2 Play on Oreo with Magisk
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Download Magsik zip, Copy to internal storage or SD Card.
3. In TWRP, Tap cancel if TWRP asks for a password to decrypt.
4. Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
5. Go to Wipe and Do Wipe Data and Factory Reset.
6. Back and go to recovery menu and tap on “Reboot Recovery”
7. Go To install and navigate to Magsik zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
8. Back and reboot the device.
9. Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).
Note:- If the device gets bricked after flash magisk then use the command on TWRP Recovery Terminal and then flash Magisk Zip without leaving the recovery
echo KEEPVERITY = true >> / data / .magisk echo KEEPFORCEENCRYPT = true >> / data / .magisk